the green goddess................ 1970 microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crede999

Reaction score
hi had her a week.......... loving it !!
101_0007.jpg

101_0003.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

now lowered !!!!
100_0107.jpg

ex usa bus used to ferry families with drug and alcohol problems!! around i believe the mileage to be correct will bewwgetting respray engine and interior over the next few months then were off to europe for a month !!

regards
chris

Nice bus Chris! It's always nice to see some clean wheel wells. I've never seen the part number on the front beam before, others have said it didn't exist! What's the story with the later style front? Any plans to switch it back to the low light front?

Cker5 said:
Nice bus Chris! It's always nice to see some clean wheel wells. I've never seen the part number on the front beam before, others have said it didn't exist! What's the story with the later style front? Any plans to switch it back to the low light front?

its had a replacement front panel on it a long time ago which has been done really well so well i had a job finding any evidence thjat it had been changed!! i will be converting it back to lowlight front soon ,have all the bits , but at the moment its due for mot at end of month so have got brakes to go through replace all flexis, replace all ball joints and the fixed track rod end, then get a screen and she should fly through , then will be pulling it apart ready for a respary middle of march then retrim done .........then its drive drive drive !!! ordered a new remtec 1600sp , and clutch today so that will be here monday

young_dubya said:
thats one tidy bus dude!!! :shock: :mrgreen: whats the plans??

repaint retrim new engine clutch thats it really then dive drive drive !!

Nice bus dude, you are certainly going in feet first.
good luck with it.
It's a great colour too, are you going to go the same colour again?

lobus said:
Nice bus dude, you are certainly going in feet first.
good luck with it.
It's a great colour too, are you going to go the same colour again?

no change of colour probably beige

decided to start on the front panel today as my painter said i need to remove the paint on the front and the passenger door as it was crazed and it would save money ,while i was there decided to remove the lip to make it back like a low light model as i now have the indicator housings ready to graft in in a few days and grill which i get at the weekend, plan is to do a few mechanical jobs like 4 ball joints brake flexis all round and track rods and front window screen next week then mot it and then strip ready for paint
100_0172.jpg

100_0173.jpg

100_0176.jpg

100_0178.jpg

once done a quick coat of primer as the rest of the panel and door was in ace condition
took about a day and a half to do, with plenty of brews !
got a few repairs to do around screen when glass comes out still though

regards
chris

67 BAY said:
Weather must not have been cold in Wales,good to meet you at the weekend.

Steve

hi steve good to meet you to fella , it was cold but got a big sheepskin coat lol

regards
chris

Been on the drive again , sorting out the front cab area which after removing seats and mats was in great nick only one zap with the mig ,then a good wire brush and primer then today 1k white paint which turned out fab tomorrow will make a start on the rear area !!! time for a brew
100_0182.jpg

100_0185.jpg

100_0188.jpg

100_0196.jpg

100_0200.jpg

regards
chris

crede999 said:
Been on the drive again , sorting out the front cab area which after removing seats and mats was in great nick only one zap with the mig ,then a good wire brush and primer then today 1k white paint which turned out fab tomorrow will make a start on the rear area !!! time for a brew
regards
chris

Chris what sort of paint was it you used

ymfb said:
crede999 said:
regards
chris

Chris what sort of paint was it you used

hi i went to the local auto paint and asked for some paint thats doesnt need base coat laquer , basically an all in one paint they called it '' like a one pack '' they use it to paint school buses not super shiney but shiney enough to put your feet and butt on !!
just been out to the garage its fleet polyurethane, 1k polyurethane brillant white

hope this helps

regards
chris

Latest posts