The lowdown

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattie

Reaction score
Hi all
Could someone please give me some help on how beam adjusters work.
I have them fitted on my van and they are set in the middle.
I would like to know how much lower I could go and how to do it.
Thanks Mattie.

Can't tell you how much lower it will go but to adjust them the following:

Handbrake on and chock the rear wheels.
Crack the nuts on the front wheels.
Jack up the front and put it on stands.
Remove the front wheels.
Making sure the centre grub screw is held firm, slacken off the lock nuts on the two beam adjusters, you may need to give them plenty of oil.
Pull back the splined outer part so it is free to move.
Using a small jack, jack up . Trailing arm carefully, making sure you do not unsettle the bus from the stands. The adjuster spline should move up a few teeth. Best to mark the starting position with Tipex so you know where you were at.
When you are happy with the height, move the splined outers back against the splines on the beam. You should have moved it up equal number of teeth top and bottom.
Tighten up the lock nut, do not use a huge amount of pressure though, just hang your weight on the spanner. Over torquing can cause the grub screw to break. Make sure the splines are fully engaged.
Wheels on and off the stands.
Repeat as required.

Ideally get access to a 4 post lift as this will make it a lot easier.
Be careful when working under the van as always. Use quality stands.

Beware that you may start riding on the bump stops which will make the ride totally crap.

I gave mine set to the middle and it is acceptable ride vs height. If I were going lower I would consider drop spindles.

I am sure others will be along to give advice.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts