The winter wish list begins!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MONKEYTOSH

Reaction score
Right the monkswagen has been put away for the winter so the long list of jobs to be done can begin.

I removed the 3/4bed covers today so they can be taken to my mums for recovering over the next 5months.

Can't believe it 5months till I next go camping! Rubbish

I also took stock of what parts I have already got to fit that I never got around to last winter
Spilt charger
Tracker
Loads of little westy bits for the sink unit

I also decided that I will get the engine out over the winter so I can finish the engine bay area (note: I really means Stuart's body shop) lol
But also well it is out I can fits lots of over little bits that I've collected to it. Ie rocker covers and so on as well as tidy the tin wear up.

So it's already starting to look like a busy 5months..

What's everybody else got planned for next 5months for there dubs?

I need to source a panel for my bus, must crack on with it. Lots of bodywork still to do, but the big one is the panel with the nearside rear window in behind the slider as mine was / is a converted panel but on the offside I`ve fitted the windows out of a regular bus, have a slider to match (rhd) then a little issue or two with the sills, and the bum cheeks are a little religous (holey), and maybe a little bit on the arches etc, be nice to get some paint on all the same colour as well :shock: But trying to keep him as a rolling resto, because I just know I`d lose interest if I couldn`t drive him for months on end. In with all this I want to sort and clean off the chassis and underside but don`t want to put any waxoil or anything near him till I got some decent paint on, then I will ;) Then start toying with the interior, but I think that`ll be the following winter really. We`re rolling at the moment with just a rock and roller, a portable gas cooker, a washing machine drum and a gazebo, and an FGB Ozziedog coolbox, oh and of course a cowboy hat :lol: and a wolf mask :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,That should keep me out of mischief this winter :? :lol: :roll:

To save time for everyone, I will just list the things I am actually going to accomplish this winter rather than those I think I am!

1. Park it up.
:lol:

o...k..... phew. this weekend is me starting to fit the front panel, then... cab floor, front arches need making, all sills need doing, rear arches, one rear corner, about 3m of guttering, and then...the rest of the bus! also gotta fit in two or three trips over to france as my girlfriend's just moved over there (bloody inconsiderate if you ask me) but as i've also got a dissertation to write, and no bread, i'll do what i can and be happy with it.

Well I was hoping to get a nice warm diesel estate to run about in for the winter, but the realisation of costs for a newish car, ins, tax etc... I really just can't be arsed with it all. So I'm gonna run my van through the winter too.

So with that in mind I've fitted a gert big battery for cold morning starts. I still need to finish some external paint. And then I will be going through it at the front sealing up any remaining drafts. The heating does work after a few mins but does need everything to be in tip top shape to be effective.

I'm also looking forward to completing the interior in the coming months. When I've got the electric hookup plugged in with some lights and a fan heater it gets toasty warm which should allow some good progress and escape from the misses. Oh, is a 22" tele too big?

Jim

Where to start :shock:

Paint the dash, refit the heating system, rewire, paint top half of the bus, rebuild the engine, sort out the gearshift and steering, paint the engine bay, fit loads of bits such as badges, bumper steps, etc (that I haven't even got yet!)

Oh yeah, nearly forget; the installation of a full interior.

Going to try and get the bus sorted for the spring, I'm sure the first time we go camping I will come back with a huge list of things we needed :lol:

My list is as follows:

New outriggers + jacking points,
New inner + outer sills on the long side,
Various bits of welding to the underside
Fit my new Pertronix kit
Source and fit somw Twin Webers
Prep for re-spray
Respray
Refit interior.

Should keep me out of trouble ;)

Managed to get most of the jobs on my list done

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30186&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How did everybody else get on with their list?..

not that well! got the front of the camper done, sills and rear arch on one side, and fitted a few little bits...

Latest posts