Thinking of getting a motorbike

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First go on a bike was at age 12 on a James 225 (villiers 2 stroke) in a grass field. Had a Yam DT50, Yam RS100, Honda RS250, 400-4 etc etc. Then a big break until a trip to LA saw me buy a Harley Sportster on my return which didn't stay long. That was followed by my fave bike, an old mans bike, BMW R80/7. Bloody brilliant bike, went all over europe on that, sold it for a house deposit. Fastest was an un-restricted '89 ZX10, did 150 two up and 165 solo. Most sexy, '93 Ducati 900 SS. Not so fast, but what a sound and feel, glorious machine!!! Have had a Laverda 650 Sport sat in the garage for the last 4 years doing nothing, looking to move it on in the spring. If I was to have another bike , think it would have to be a BMW GS of some variety. However, I now know how my parents felt when I was a kid and wanted a bike, happy to keep my sons attentions focused on the VW badge and 4 wheels!!!
That said,
360andi said:
109_0964.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q188/360andi/Bike%20stuff/rockingham.jpg[/img)
[/quote]
Jap stuff now leaves me cold, bikes like the above stirs feelings akin to those of the BMW GS and having a KTM dealer 5 mins from my front door could be dangerous......

i've got a '73 FS1E..........remember those :lol: the tax disc in it say's '76 :shock: ........ should i declair it SORN??

crewcab said:
i've got a '73 FS1E..........remember those :lol: the tax disc in it say's '76 :shock: ........ should i declair it SORN??

If it was off the road pre-1998 then you don't need to declare SORN (that's the response I got from DVLA about a car that I bought and hadn't been taxed since 91) - you can however still declare SORN if you like - keeps it in the system

Latest posts