Thinking of trading in my Microbus for a Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddffrost

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been thinking about this for a while now

I've had my bus 67 (nov) Early Bay for a year now i was in a bit of a rush and new to the scene when i bought it a year ago and always wanted an VW Camper.

Been very happy with it and done aout 3000 mile in it since i got it which has all been problem free its never let me down but its in such good condition specially interior wise i feel like i cant really put my mark on it.

So I've been thinking of either selling it and buying a westy or swapping it for a westy of similar value

What's does everyone think?

BJ_22_149_s.jpg

SL370496.jpg

DSC0093454copy.jpg

SL370376.jpg

929917869403_0_BG.jpg

824458869403_0_BG.jpg

657666869403_0_BG.jpg

439917869403_0_BG.jpg

i have a microbus 1970 cal inport, i have had a few other buses,moonraker and split and another bay with homemade int.
i think practically wise it very handy to have lots of places to store stuff and i do struggle in mine to find places to put stuff.
its a tuff one :wink:

I'd much rather have a tintop than a poptop, just slightly less to go wrong and slightly quicker. :)

But there again, you might need the space a poptop gives. I like mine being able to seat 8.

Did you ever find those brackets for the rear seat? :)

I lke the extra space a poptop gives you, if its camping your more inclined towards i would say go for it.

Microbus and awning all the way.......

you and the missus on the Z bed the little one in a cab bunk and the awning to store all the crap andcooker etc....

I must admit I am quite partial to a westy - but a microbus with camping potential (z-bed + tent etc) is far more suitable for us. Plus a camper as a daily/second car/weekend cruiser isn't really as practical (for lugging stuff about) etc.

However, if you were to swap your bus for a westy it'd have to be a very very nice one :)

I love the bus took it out yesterday for the day and its a lovely drive (as long as you dont mind bumps)

I guess I just wanted something I could put my own stamp on a bit more

Maybe I need to save up for a project bus so i have something on the side to experiment on!

you must be mad dave,uve got a good bus there,id swop ya :mrgreen:

ive just put a westy interior in my tintop its fantastic.if you have somewhere to store your old pannels and seats take em out wrap um up and stick em away it could allways go back at a later date

can't believe you are even comtemplating a change with a bus like yours, but then again i can appreciate the desire for more practicality

handily, i found a deluxe with no interior, and got my own made, so i have the best of both worlds :D

so, um... sod it, swap it you only live once eh :mrgreen:

you will surely fetch a good price for yours partner

Save your pennys and have both! I'd also like a westy, but know i won't ever sell.

I think i'm bord more than anything I need a project

Might save up and buy something different

strongy said:

ive just put a westy interior in my tintop its fantastic.if you have somewhere to store your old pannels and seats take em out wrap um up and stick em away it could allways go back at a later date

That might be an idea for the future mate you got any pics of this new interior of yours?

Would you be up for a run out to Sherwood Pines again this winter we got a decent turn out last time and its something to do when there are no shows on?

ddffrost said:
I think i'm bord more than anything I need a project

Might save up and buy something different

relax and enjoy it! :wink:

buy a bug as a project, much easier and will fit on most garages 8)

I've never been a bug fan i'll be honest

My best mate is though maybe we could start a joint project!

ddffrost said:
strongy said:

That might be an idea for the future mate you got any pics of this new interior of yours?

Would you be up for a run out to Sherwood Pines again this winter we got a decent turn out last time and its something to do when there are no shows on?

ye im up for that we should start a thread mabee put some dates up

P1010064.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010066.jpg

P1010067.jpg

got it from some chap on hear,£600.(cant remember his name,sorry)

i think scott wilson has still got one,i nearly had his but this came up and was as good but a little cheeper.if you want to come and have a look over it to see what ya think,give me a shout.

there very good the whole design is exselent and makes camping very easy.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8499" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts