Those Z-bed hinges

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retro.james

Reaction score
Hi, just found an old thread about these...

Basically I picked the Panzerfaust up from Matt Keene's place in Truro yesterday.

It's been slammed and had a rock n roll bed installed because I do want to kip in it occasionally.

The problem is the bed looks pony (IMO) and Ben down at Air Kraft told me about some duded on here selling z bed hinges so I can use my pukka bench seat.

Did these ever get made up?

Are they about to be made up?

What's the score?

I REALLY need a set and can spread the word in the mag to drum up a bit of interest/sales if it helps too.

Cheers

james

P1010004.jpg

i'm still trying to get these done dude should know if its a go in the next week or so its been difficult finding a manufactorer thats reliable on the third place now hopefully third time lucky!

price wise still looking at the £120 mark poss less if collecting them from a show!

Not had a feature - just been seen in the project pages a bit.

Looks like Mark from the Bus Stations white EB on Radars that we featured in the Feb 08 issue.

Wanted Fuchs but budget and time was against me and when I saw Marks Bus at Brighton Breeze that was it - Radars were the wheel.

Keep your eye out for our Keeping Your Bus Alive special issue because the lowering process is detailed in that. Essentially, Matt Keene our technical editor did all the work - using an SSP narrowed beam which was supposed to be only 2 inches narrow but turned out to be 3.15 over all - result!

Wheels were a bugger to get on the rear hubs, a spacer would have worked but Matt machined them down instead.

Got some California style plates to replace the Halfords specials and some TMI seat covers to replace the kippered originals.

Oh and some vintage US-travel decals to fake up a bit of history...

Tyres are a bit on the small side on the front so they'll be swapped for something to improve the bumpy ride at some point.

Apart from that I'm just driving it (daily again) and going to use it for the shows and camping - want to replace the rock n roll bed I've just fitted with some z-bed hinges to get the proper microbus interior back in side.

ok dude shall i let you know when we've got some sets ready then?

finished the drawings for them last night and our new (third) manufactorer is getting back to me tomorrow with prices and shedule for 10 sets.

keep everyone informed.

Dave

Latest posts