Threaded window winder hole.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy_sheff

Reaction score
The threads where you screw the window winder handle too and almost none existent, the splines are ok but it's no good as you can't attach a handle. I bought a retro winder mechanism, but after fitting it I took it straight back off as it was garbage!

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this problem??

Hi mate,
maybe you could re-drill and tap up one size?
or if some thread does remain use some 'studlock' and leave to set...

just an idea :)

Liam

When I had this problem back in the 80's in SA I drilled out the centre and put a lock nut and bolt
which was covered by the plastic coating . (Just an idea).

J & P
:D :D :D

gas1man said:
When I had this problem back in the 80's in SA I drilled out the centre and put a lock nut and bolt
which was covered by the plastic coating . (Just an idea).

J & P

That's a possible idea but the wonders don't hide anything! Just an Allen key head that's it's flush

Use a stainless steel machine screw with allen key heads and lock nut. They look nice to.

J & P

Yeah but I don't think It's possible to tighten the nut as it would have to be at at back! The head of the bolt sits in the winder.

Sorry , I drilled right through when I did it, to the other side.
With the lock nut was able to tighten and still have enough movement with a washer
so it would not tighten and stop movement up and down. (Botch job I know but at the
time needs must and all that.)

J & P

Latest posts