• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tin wear wanted.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Campmobile70

Reaction score
For my 1970 Bay, piece that goes over the gearbox, and I may need the piece over the exhaust, I have a few Bug pieces, are Buses ones much different, could a Bug tin be modified to fit.
Has to be solid condition as its being blasted and powder coated.
Thanks

For a bug tin to fit over the gearbox you will need an extension piece, there was a chap I here selling them.
I have the same issue so have purchased a late bay foam seal to see if that will work.
I think Simon of Butty's bits is going to make an extension as well as I sold him my old ratty gearbox panel as a jig to make new.

Thanks Sam, I take it they are hard to find items???
What about the piece over the exhaust, are they the same a Bug ones as I have three of them.

Yes pretty tough to find mate.
I think they are but can't speak from experience.

if you've got the beetle front tin (over gearbox) i've got a couple of extension pieces sorted,they can be welded or pop riveted on

Steve

Can you let me know cost of the extension pieces, I didn't realise the original part was hard to find.
It's hardly seen so if it fits okay sounds like a good option.
I can PayPal if that suits you.
Thanks

I would be interested as well Steve if there is enough.

Latest posts