Tint or not to tint

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tintop

Reaction score
Considering tinting the camper windows.

Smoke/silver or not at all.

What do you think?

its about personal preference, i wont be tinting my devon but if i had a hard as nails panel i might do it, but you got to be careful to whats legal or not.

I was thinking about a green tint for mine. It might come down to price in the end as I doubt if it ads value to the van.

Some like it some don't.

Tinting rules! especially when you need to get dressed after surfing. Oh and it looks the dogs! mine is limo black :wink:

I think colour depends on the colour of your van. I always prefered smoked as opposed to silver though. 8)

Smoke for sure silver just smacks of someone trying to hard to pimp there ride..... it very rarely looks right on a van obviously depends on what you've already done to her....

kempy said:
Did the rear window on my old split and looked the dog's.

IMGA0097.jpg

I think it looks good too.

If you use the self tinting stuff ( like cling-film ) remember that you won't be able
to use the suction thingys that JK sell to block out light and supposedly keep the
heat in..............Just a thought :D

If you use the self tinting stuff ( like cling-film ) remember that you won't be able
to use the suction thingys that JK sell to block out light and supposedly keep the
heat in..............Just a thought

why not once it drys it should be hard as nails used thermo matts on my tinted t4 with no probs

we do tinting and to be honest we talk people out of the coloured film as most people regreat having it done .

my point of view is that coloured film looks shit :D hope this helps,

strongy said:
we do tinting and to be honest we talk people out of the coloured film as most people regreat having it done .

my point of view is that coloured film looks shit :D hope this helps,
go for smoked

I really dig those two colored films, where color changes from top to bottom. I think I saw those on a couple of Brit Splits on my BC-EBI trip.

I will tint but still undecided on finish smoked preferred but tempted by silver.

Nearsidefromfront1.jpg

Offsidefromrear1.jpg

pictures a bit naff (taken with phone).

Latest posts