too many coincidences....... My van hates 'him indoors'

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issy

Reaction score
Over the years and on the rare occassions when 'he' has wanted to, or had to, drive the van I sensed my van was not quite right and within a few days or so something would fail or break. The accelerator pedal or cable a few times. I put it down to just coincidence but over last two years especially the issues seemed to occur too close to when he'd just been driving my van. Last week he had his mum and sister over so he borrowed the van and I got lifts to school (he even forgot to pick me up until after 6pm one night and school finished 3.25!!) .... Ayhows.. Yesterday I got van back for work and the accelerator pedal now was being a 'wimp' and hardly any 'ooomph' when I put foot down. Gave him indoors benefit of doubt as the wind was bad with lashing rain near Llanberis but on way back from work through floods the oedal was getting worse and worse. Just about made it home.

found out today that the accelerator cable was frayed and hanging by single thread only (!!!!) .. Was fortunately ill with effin cold so for a change did not break down going up hills to Snowdonareaplace but checked it thie evening and there it was.. All frayed and one ikkle thread holding it all in place.

My mind is now definitely made up. The way my other half drives the van ALWAYS causes damage of sort.. Usually to do with acc pedal or cable.

So.. Does your van hate somebody else driving it?

is there a way to stop the cable from breaking up / unravelling / snapping even at rear of engine bay location???

Latest posts