Totally broke this thread, please delete

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
georgeyv said:
That looks great! Bradford is a total nightmare for driving round - I live down the road and have to go in for work often and still can't get my head round it!

It was the 5 lane ring road roundabouts that got me.

Awesome bus mate and love the colour!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not loads done the past couple of weeks (been playing with my new daily driver Abarth :p )

Painted another door

DSC_1358_zps21xxog4d.jpg

DSC_1376_zpsaihi8fpf.jpg

Budgets ran out for this year really for the van, other things to concentrate on

Have all the windows and seals so will be trying to get them done after the doors

And enough paint to do the inside with a roller

Thought I'd make a start trying to get it watertight for the winter,

Started with the simplest window the rear. God what a bastard it is to fit the chrome strip trim. Took 2 hours. (Before I realised you put the chrome in before glass in seal :? ) Think I can do next ones in less than an hour. Bought a tool to do it but was fecking useless. Blunt screwdriver and wd40 worked better. Cocked the trim join cover up so will just bond this one on. The rest will hopefully be done properly

Anyway with the help of the neighbour the actually putting the window in with the cord trick was quick and easy.

DSC_1482_zpstjfizedy.jpg

Still covered in washing up liquid at this point, kept the US Oregon college sticker for the vans history.

Just 3 to go then the westy ones :shock:

DSC_1515_zps9zy1vpeg.jpg

All three back windows in now, one with new glass was a right tight fit.

Need to paint dash top, then will tackle windscreen

Managed to get the sliding door on today without breaking too much, Opens, shuts nicely, just needs a bit fettling.

DSC_1538_zpsirq068py.jpg

Before I get any comments on body panels remember I'm building a useable bus, not show winner :lol:

Thought it'd be a better idea to get the dash top done and fitted before attempting the windscreen so got it prepped ready for some satin black, thought gloss would be too much.

DSC_1539_zpspfew6oql.jpg

Bit dolphin glaze needed but not too much

DSC_1541_zpsvo86gglx.jpg

Webbaldo said:
Well sanded and reprimed the sliding door again :roll: , already painted it in celly so had to stabilise it to repaint with rustoleum

DSC_1220_zpss3pex7ih.jpg

Happy as well as found two westy windows! One off ebay and one off Steve at restore and more. One needs minor repair, but I'm stripping them both down, polishing the aluminium and replacing the seals anyway.

DSC_1222_zpsnit0wymi.jpg

mate I'm doing the same with the Westy windows... can i ask where you got the rubber kits from because some are better then other i believe?
cheers matty

bertiethebus said:
Was good to see you today mark! Finally got the last of the rat shit and nests out of the bus then went home for sanitising :lol:

That's what I thought the cling film was for at first until I realised it was for the tats :lol:

shaven said:
Webbaldo said:
mate I'm doing the same with the Westy windows... can i ask where you got the rubber kits from because some are better then other i believe?
cheers matty

Using the German camper company ones, (which have Wolfsburg west stickers on who are normally good) they feel good quality will let you know when I fit the buggers, just have to put windscreen in before I start them. They are the correct grey as well, some other suppliers are black.

They don't have the inner trim but includes the outer seal. Many kits don't.

Webbaldo said:
just have to put windscreen in before I start them.

Im so GLAD you doing this now lol
You will have to explain to me the best way to fit them & in what order ;) :p

Blind leading the blind lol :lol:

Im following this guy's guide which is pretty good

Bwuttonmoon

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30891" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good find today thanks to a local club member

DSC_1546_zpsruunvdju.jpg

2/3 seat and the m501 kit!

Swapped for a passenger seat and some cash.

Be ideal for me the wife and little one.

Want the back of the van purely for camping, no seat belts etc

I can live without the walk through for a few years till baby is older!

bertiethebus said:
Good old Lewis :lol: 8)

Legend! I actually love his van. Paint finish makes me want to go out with a Brillo pad and make mine look sand weathered

Well had an hour tonight so finished dash top ready for fitting

DSC_1569_zpspqjp4zo7.jpg

Fitted the chrome and rubber seal on the windscreen ready for fitting later in the week (down from 3 hours to 30mins now :rolf: )

DSC_1570_zpsdfvuxinx.jpg

Ironic, the biggest window went in the quickest, 5 mins and done! :shock:

DSC_1577_zpsigrsjg0z.jpg

DSC_1574_zpsglhv8bae.jpg

Refurbished the locks, glued on seal and fitted first door. Bit stiff with new rubbers but closes ok. Not 100% happy with the door (ripply as hell) but considering how bad it was Im happy until I can afford a new set,

DSC_1590_zpsiphozwap.jpg

On with the next door now, want it done asap so I get can cracking on the westy windows.

Its nearly as bad as the other one. Leaving the big dints to keep some history of the van. Had to weld two holes up then start a light fill.

DSC_1595_zpsteodivdi.jpg

Suppose I should tidy the shed up as well :shock:

DSC_1599_zpsoyzkmvbm.jpg

First coat of primer on, needs a lot of work before top coat

DSC_1604_zpsx5s0lfta.jpg

Latest posts