Towbar difference between early bay and crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1dub

Reaction score
As above really can anyone tell me the differences underneath an early bay and a crossover?

Pics would be great
Cheers

Crossover has a late 'rear' but has early style bumpers. The bumper and mounting brackets (irons) are one year only. As is any towbar, unless you go for the JK style (yuk!).

Should you need a crossover towbar I have on e for sale here...

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=72787" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However this one is no good if you have a type 4 engine - ask me how I know :( :( :(

Currently trying to make a late towbar fit....

Jk one is pretty much hidden by the bumper so unless you lay down you can't see much apart from the towball mount!!!

nobbly said:
Crossover has a late 'rear' but has early style bumpers. The bumper and mounting brackets (irons) are one year only. As is any towbar, unless you go for the JK style (yuk!).

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=72787" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However this one is no good if you have a type 4 engine - ask me how I know :( :( :(

Why doesn't it fit with a Type 4 engine? I have a tow bar fitted and have a type 4 engine, there is almost no clearance between the exhaust and the tow bar cross piece ... I do actually wonder if they touch at certain speeds/revs? Do you have similar of different issue?

I fitted a JK towbar on my crossover with a type 4 motor!!!
Small modification with a hammer & it fit no bother!!!
Pics on my new crossover build thread below!!!!

Pickles said:
nobbly said:

Why doesn't it fit with a Type 4 engine? I have a tow bar fitted and have a type 4 engine, there is almost no clearance between the exhaust and the tow bar cross piece ... I do actually wonder if they touch at certain speeds/revs? Do you have similar of different issue?

My towbar was nowhere near going on with the type 4 standard exhaust, the towbar is more like a westy/Gadget style, nothing like the JK (much nicer IMHO - just incompatible with type 4 lump :( )

Hi Some photos of a early bay towbar, as you can see they fit under the rear chassis members to the rear of the engine mounting, and the bumper fits onto the brackets on the towbar

hope this helps
Vinvan

Lee C said:
I fitted a JK towbar on my crossover with a type 4 motor!!!
Small modification with a hammer & it fit no bother!!!
Pics on my new crossover build thread below!!!!

Lee

I went to have a look through your thread for pictures and then saw 32 pages ... do you know what page I should look on!

Latest posts