Towbar wiring routing

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g16stu

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions how to run the wiring for a towbar into the engine bay while keeping it as far away from the exhaust and any other hot surfaces?

stu

I tie wrapped mine to the towbar support and in under the battery. Drilled a hole in the battery tray to put the cable through.

I have done a very similar thing only i tied my cable from the 12N socket to the rear valance then up through the battery tray (with a gromit)then a knot and tapped into the rear lighting loom with the cable connectors in the kit. I will post some pics if that helps.

Ok ill try that route, to one of the battery trays (was hoping not to have to drill) no need to post pics for me, but maybe as a reference for the others? The bar was a complete bitch to fit btw. I reccomend anyone fitting a bar just to run a tap through all the threaded holes just to clear them.

If you use the piggyback connectors you can instal the towbar harness without having to cut into your main harness. The piggyback connectors are a female with a male tab coming back. You will need to run one or two long wires to the nearside for indicators.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts