Tracker should I fit one?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MONKEYTOSH

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buy a tracker for my van as they now do DIY fitted ones

Checkout www.skytag-gps.co.uk

Easy to fit, and they have a 100% recovery record.

They normally retail for £250 but this month if you bygone using the camper & bus mag bulk buy code of "VWcab" you can get one for £125 with 3months subscription and vat included. After that it only £6 per month to monitor it.

It got to be worth thinking about with the increase in stolen camper lately? Everytime I logo in to latebay.com or earlybay.com another ones be stolen.

Has anybody got one? Are they any good?

there are cheaper DIT ones.only pay for when its being tracked,but still alerts you to be moved..

http://www.tisogps.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or cheaper still,this lad is on volkszone......

http://www.cgmart.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; thread with a load of questions.....
http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=717997" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm going for the cgmart one,seems to do everything I want.

Cheers for the extra info I agree the cgmart one looks great for the money, does anybody no if insurance companies recognise it as a certified tracker?

I know I am being cheap but I hate the ideal of having to stump up that extra 6 odd quid a month. :|

Its Insurance against getting stolen but what do you have your Insurance for, perhaps its me, I have never paid Insurance on loans or extended guarantees on anything lol...

That £100 cgmart looks very good value and a sim is peanuts :) And its not like there's nowhere to hide it is there :)
There's are plenty cheaper on Fleabay but not seen one that can integrate into the fuel solenoid (We all have one don't we :? )

I'll be looking seriously at one of these if / when I replace my stolen van.

I can vouch for the enormous hole such a theft leaves in your life. Slammedkustom was right - that van was part of the family. I'm not sure what I'd do with an extra £6 a month if I didn't go for that one with the subscription but you can't put a price on the upset losing your van causes.

I'll be following this thread with interest!

Just looked at the tracker thing looks good i have ordered one of volks link, if it breaks the feed for fuel it will also sound the horn if run through another relay. will let you know when fitted

bambam said:
Just looked at the tracker thing looks good i have ordered one of volks link, if it breaks the feed for fuel it will also sound the horn if run through another relay. will let you know when fitted

Let's us know how the install goes and if it ticks all the boxes or not. Look forward to hearing you thoughts.

i have one that i purchased a few months back and its one of the best £67.00 ive spent.
I bought the one off ebay (China suppliers) as its identitcal to the CGMart one and
comes with a remote.
Fitting was a doddle and love how it txt you a google map !

Its every bit as good as a subscription based tracker at the fraction of the cost IMO.

I purchased mine based on a write up on thelatebay :msn4: forum.
from http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270665841795&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

remember its in us dollars so about £67 and delivered to me in just over a week.
Buy a PAYG sim (without a non usage limit) and bobs ya uncle.

It has loadsa extras you can wire it upto (so dont be put off by all the wires) you only HAVE to wire
the red to pos battery terminal and the black to the negative terminal and its ready !
Theres also a panic button that when pressed txts upto 10 different mobiles your location and you need help.

hope this helps
cheers
Dany

Eeza said:
I know I am being cheap but I hate the ideal of having to stump up that extra 6 odd quid a month. :|

Its Insurance against getting stolen but what do you have your Insurance for, perhaps its me, I have never paid Insurance on loans or extended guarantees on anything lol...

That £100 cgmart looks very good value and a sim is peanuts :) And its not like there's nowhere to hide it is there :)
There's are plenty cheaper on Fleabay but not seen one that can integrate into the fuel solenoid (We all have one don't we :? )

the one i posted does intergrate for a fuel cutout.
Funny, 2 secs after posting above, my van just text me to say the battery had been disconnected at type2detectives :lol: nice to know there getting on with the work on it !!

Doris said:
That sounds even better!
are the instructions and website/software in english as well dude ?

yep, and as far as i am aware its in the exact same box as the cgmart one.
(according to the latebay.com)

I mounted mine in a wooden box of its own and put it somewhere thats hard to
get to/see with the aerials tucked right out the way.
The fact you can get a txt every 2 minutes with a google map pinpointing its location i believe is worth
every penny of £67.00.
if you bother wiring it ALL up it will txt you when
doors open / panic button pushed / if its moved / a perimeter boundary set / ignition on / battery disconnected
it will also do the fuel etc and probably more.

I dont even bother arming it (saves the texts) you can arm it by text so if its nicked
2 txt and 2 mins - you have you van location - simples and no monthly subs - £10.00 on a card will last
me years :lol:

cheers fellas

pottinger said:
Doris said:
That sounds even better!
are the instructions and website/software in english as well dude ?

yep, and as far as i am aware its in the exact same box as the cgmart one.
(according to the latebay.com)

I mounted mine in a wooden box of its own and put it somewhere thats hard to
get to/see with the aerials tucked right out the way.
The fact you can get a txt every 2 minutes with a google map pinpointing its location i believe is worth
every penny of £67.00.
if you bother wiring it ALL up it will txt you when
doors open / panic button pushed / if its moved / a perimeter boundary set / ignition on / battery disconnected
it will also do the fuel etc and probably more.

I dont even bother arming it (saves the texts) you can arm it by text so if its nicked
2 txt and 2 mins - you have you van location - simples and no monthly subs - £10.00 on a card will last
me years :lol:

cheers fellas

That does sound pretty fantastic compared to the commercial trackers,

I can see a new sticker being requested:

"Warning - Tracker Fitted - best pray the police reach you before I do...." :msn4:

[/quote]
That does sound pretty fantastic compared to the commercial trackers,
I can see a new sticker being requested:
"Warning - Tracker Fitted - best pray the police reach you before I do...." :msn4:[/quote]

my thoughts exactly, untill you get to some dingey little area down the docks to
be met by 10 fookin great gorillas who you promptly give all your money too :shock: :evil:

Anyone interested in one of the cgmart units? I've enquired about discount for a bulk buy so will report back when I hear.

Sydney1 said:
Anyone interested in one of the cgmart units? I've enquired about discount for a bulk buy so will report back when I hear.
Yes i'd been intererted in one, so count me in.

Sydney1 said:

Yes also interested, does their sim card have a monthly fee on it or is it an open one if you know what I mean?

the_troupster said:
Indeed, me too.

I'm not sure they'd beat the £67 delivered jobbie from China though :?:

Jim

True. The guy selling them over here states clearly that his are better that the others being sold on ebay from China. It maybe complete bull but for the sake of 40 odd quid I'm personally willing to give him the benefit. The UK ones are already set up and come with a UK SIM card (O2), a manual in proper English and a phone number to resolve any installation problems.

Latest posts