• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Transporterhaus 3.5 dropped spindles.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66nige

Reaction score

Transporterhaus 3.5 dropped spindles for 68 disc brake set up. Never been used as i fitted them and found that my adjustable beam had the adjusters welded too far around and with these 3.5 dropped spindles was then too low. As new condition £300. Would prefer collection due to the weight of these things i'm about 5 miles from Alton Towers, or alternatively could take to Oswestry Bustypes on 18th april.
Cheers Nige.

gvee said:
Don't these need the flipped arms as well?

They do indeed as the arms are machined out so that the taper is in the opposite direction and with the inclusion of a recess to lock the new, larger ball joint in place.

I was under the impression that you could use standard links the other way around i.e. right on left and left on right thus turning the ball joints upside down. I left the new links on mine and then re attached the original spindles to them. Ive got my old ones if they were needed to send off to be modified by transporterhaus.

My comment before was a polite prompt ;)

You cannot run these spindles without the correct THaus, flipped arms. They are sold as a package for a reason.

gvee said:
My comment before was a polite prompt ;)

You cannot run these spindles without the correct THaus, flipped arms. They are sold as a package for a reason.

Sorry i did not know they came as a package. I bought them off a guy on here with load of other stuff, i didn't know they were different than the standard ones, when i took these spindles off to put my other ones back on i just swopped the links round so they fit the standard spindles. I hadn't meant to mislead anyone.

Latest posts