travelling with dogs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickles

Reaction score
just got a new puppy :D we are using a crate in the car but what do others do in their buses? (if you use a crate where do you put it?) :?: :?:

Our two sit in their beds in the walk through. I've fitted 2 extra seat belt points so I can clip them in.

Sad as it may be I've factored it in when building my interior so I can fit out crate between the rock n roll and facing bench.

Depending on your dog size I've seen people have them over the engine.

Cheers
Nigel

dog-in-car-seat-beltcopy.jpg

:msn4:

depends how many of ours are in the bus. if its the 2 staffies they sit one up front and one at the very back.
If the jack russel comes she sits on the floor in the cab normally
If the hound cross comes he has to be restrained because he thinks he should drive.
If they all come then the crates come out as well normally

When we had the Rotties they were a bit big for the bus and wrecked it if you left them in there if anyone walked past!
Now we have a Staffie, she's a 2 year old rescue, never been in a house, let alone a car and a bit inquisitive so at the moment she tends to wonder around whilst i drive which isnt ideal, so were gonna have to clip her in somewhere. In the daily she goes in a crate but theres not really room in the bus with 5 of us!

Ike travels on the back seat in a harness connected to the seat belt. He can sit up and see out as we travel (unless he's snoozing!!!)...!! :lol: :D 8)

DSCN2885_zps8ce46e4c.jpg

When I had my Irish Red & White I used a cage similar to this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/FOLDING-CAN...OXYA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1363786461&sr=8-3 between the R&R bed/seat unit and the cupboard across the walk through. At night this would go in the awning in the space between the sliding door and entrance to the awning. As a puppy he stayed in a 'Dog Bag' from the Roof box company that stayed on a board on the front seat. And then found a 'Dog Tube' when he grew a little bigger

THE LAST PANZER said:
They just on the seats in the back ( microbus ) :D

DSC00127_zpsc16e5dbe.jpg

according to a mate of mine, you have to be an endurance athlete to own a couple of these ... you must be a super endurance athlete for three thank fully we have only one puppy. :lol: :lol:

thejinx said:
Nice looking spaniels, do you have them working? Bit of a handful I would think, as they say the only still spaniel is a dead one.

No I don't work them, we actually have four in the family but the fourth is not in on the picture :shock: YES they are a handful but we wouldn't have it any other way, to be honest if ever go anywhere where there is another dog we always wonder what's wrong with it if its not running around and on the go all the time. The one you can't see in the picture is 18 years old and she is still as crazy as she's ever been :lol: and most of all they all love travelling in the deluxe bus.

Pickles said:
THE LAST PANZER said:
They just on the seats in the back ( microbus ) :D

DSC00127_zpsc16e5dbe.jpg

according to a mate of mine, you have to be an endurance athlete to own a couple of these ... you must be a super endurance athlete for three thank fully we have only one puppy. :lol: :lol:

We actually have four in the family :shock: Is your puppy a springer?.....................if so get ready for the canine fury :evil: ........just joking, I wouldn't have any other dog and they suit us down to the ground as we are always on the go and travelling around :D

THE LAST PANZER said:
Pickles said:
THE LAST PANZER said:
We actually have four in the family :shock: Is your puppy a springer?.....................if so get ready for the canine fury :evil: ........just joking, I wouldn't have any other dog and they suit us down to the ground as we are always on the go and travelling around :D

Yes a springer although a welsh rather than an english one ... supposed to be slightly less mad :roll: here's hoping going to keep us busy :!:

Latest posts