Turn signal switch photos

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthBay

Reaction score
Hi All, tun signal on our 69 US Westy won't stay on (unless the switch is removed from column) and MOT is due very soon. Believe that this is due to wear within the workings which can be "dremeled" back to shape, but can't work out which bit does what. The switch functions perfectly other than this.

Can anyone point me to the right bit please?

When mine stopped working it had broken bits inside to do with the self cancel which were jamming the mechanism, re-assembled without these and it works and stays on but now need to manually cancel which is mot ok. Don't have photos, sorry.

Is it a mot fail if it doesnt stay on? :shock:

Mine was locked solid so I stripped it at BusFest and since then it wont stay engaged although the indicators work as they should?

Didn't somebody on here recently suggest sliding the switch down the steering column ever so slightly?

You won't get a cheaper fix than that, if it works. :D

mine does it, but its missing a screw on the bottom of the bracket.

the top screw was loose and it wouldnt stay up or down. Ive tightened the top screw and now the indicator stalk stays up but bottom screw is missing so doesnt stay down.

StuF said:
Is it a mot fail if it doesnt stay on? :shock:

I believe it is. Mines complete and working, but i'll try the sliding down the column thing. Not worried about self cancelling cos thats definitely not an MOT failure ;)

Latest posts