• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Turnkey 1.6 SP Engine ready to run SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattp

Reaction score
I will be selling the engine out of my '70 bus in a couple of weeks when I install my new oxyboxer engine and box combo (see previous thread where I have sold the box in preperation for this power train upgrade)

My bus is an original bill of sale 1 owner 86k mile FSH bus in excellent condition, the engine is now pretty much the last item I have sold off when upgrading the mechanics and I have not had any problems with anything else sold off it; original busses like mine have been looked after and certainly my one is in good condition. Watch this space for the interior and steering box next up for sale.

Unless anyone knows different the engine is a 1600SP, it is what the V5 says, drives like one but is a re-con from the states so has had the numbers re-stamped. That said I have the instructions from when it was fitted so should be able to work out the miles (from memory it is about 25k)

Engine pulls well, there is no end float and comes with all tin bar the over gearbox tin. It has coil, leads, fuel pump, dynamo, stock dizzy, good manifold, new carb (1000 miles old euro spec) -changed as old carb was cali smog one. It will come with used stock silencer (currently full sainless system) and the original heat exchagers. The exchangers are original but need patches to the outer skins (it was a cali bus) and the engine is not horribly oily + they are 40+ yrs old, they still produce loads of heat but I now have a period restored Ebersbacher so am using this.

I have had the bus about 5yrs now and not had a problem with the engine, it drives well and will be a straightforward unit to fit and run, for a token amount I can help you fit this into your bus at the same time as I fit my new engine.

You will need your old engine bar, your wiring, fuel hose, fuel and that piece of tin over the gearbox (and your old air filter/rubber connector)

SOLD

Latest posts