twin 36 dells jet sizes for a 1776

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwvanman0

Reaction score
hello,
my new 1776 is nearly ready,im wondering what jet sizes i will need for my 36 dellortos.
had them on a 1641 before but i think some got drilled so the hole wont correspond to size on jet?

any help gratefully received.been searching threads but cant seem to find anything.

cheers,steve.

what size venturi`s are you running. normally you would times the venturi by 4 then go up a size that would give you your mains.
as a rule of thumb i would use
60 idles
140 mains
180 air

On a 1776 the Dell tech book would suggest going for venturis 30-32mm. That will give good power up to around 5000rpm.

If you think you want more power lower down, could go for 28mm venturis but it may start to throttle the power at 4500rpm upwards.

If you think you'll spend more time at higher revs, then going bigger on the venturis would be an advantage.

Once you've selected a venturi size, then choose a main jet size 4 x venturi size. Always go a little richer if the result is between sizes.

Air jet for Dells, 180 recommended.

Idle jets are critical for good driving, so might be worth picking up two or three sizes to try? Dell book recommends 60s to start with.

As for drilled jets, most sources say to avoid these, as its very tough to get it bang on. Even slight errors make a big difference to how much fuel is picked up. Its recommended to get a set of sizing gauges for jets, if you want to drill them.

Latest posts