twin carbs decision

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pottinger

Reaction score
hey guys,

just about to push the button on ordering carbs today and just wanna for piece of mind :roll:
check a few things.

I was thinking of ordering "Type 1 Dual port twin Weber 34 ICT carburettor kit - CSP bellcrank link
ie this:-
http://www.dellorto.com/merchandise/products_details.asp?PartNo=T1-ICTKIT-CSP&CategoryID=26&PartsectionID=115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My main intention is i am staying with 1600 and just want a little extra oomph and maybe slightly better running.
(anyone suggest any other carb/manifold/link kits)

Also, how can i tell if the CSP bellcrank will fit my engine (I think i read somewhere something about must be standard tinware ?? not sure if mine is :lol: )

I also have the engine out at the moment so what else would you fit lads.
I have the thermoflaps to go on, and will be putting vintagepseed zortsty poos on probably, already have on an alternator, fuel lines alll will be new too.

Was thinking new leads, plugs, ignition, basically what will go real well with the carbs ? i keep hearing vacuum this, elctronic that but tbh I am a complete novice ..... :roll: ;) and have no idea.

come on fellas, wanna get ordering as summers coming ....... :lol: 8)

potts

thats the jobby ;) will work well .thats what i have on mine (but not the csp linkage ,but that will fit sweet)have ported my heads dont know how much that makes but can tow drag beetle and large 4 wheel trailer ok 8) electronic ign should be fit and forget ,i still have points,exhaust is good as well .should make for a nice set up.

Bellcrank linkage is a wise choice. Although if the carbs aren't handed you'll need to set the rods to push the throttle open rather than pull.

009-22.jpg

Just leave everything stock other than a bit of head porting. I'm running an 009, but going back to a vac distributor when i get the chance.

sparkywig said:
I'm running an 009, but going back to a vac distributor when i get the chance.

cheers sparky, but this vacuum / 009 stuff is :? me ??
can you elaborate, i am so sorry for such a silly question but if ya dont know ya dont know :lol:
also, whats all the pipework from the top of the air filters ?

cheers
potts

They're just different types of distributor, the 009 uses a pair of centfrigual weights to set the ignition advance, whereas the vacuum distributor uses a combination of mechanical and inlet manifold vacuum with a connection to the left hand carb.

The pipework is the engine breather connections as the stock air filter has been removed.

Personally I'd just fit the new carbs (and sort the jetting out), replace spark plugs, leads, distributor cap and points and run the engine as it is.

thansks sparky
so no flamethrower ignotor thingy then :lol:

also, eurocarb suggest i go for the 1641 jetted icts if running a vintagespeed exhaust, do you agree ?
ta
potts

pottinger said:
thansks sparky
so no flamethrower ignotor thingy then :lol:

also, eurocarb suggest i go for the 1641 jetted icts if running a vintagespeed exhaust, do you agree ?
ta
potts

anyone guys ? help the pottster out :lol:

so 1641 setup carbs is the right way to go for a 1600 with vintagespeed zorst :roll: :?

kinda makes sense, but wanna be 100% sure before hitting the big red buy buy buy button :lol:

potty pot pot

ddb5df51.jpg

34 ICT's are the latest edition to my engine bay. Plug. Also got swapped out and I fitted a Pertronix dizzy.
Before any decent use I've also fitted a breather box with outlets to the carbs and from the filler.
It was much smoother after the carbs went on, and that was before the plugs and dizzy were done.
Planning on taking it out tomorrow afternoon for a waz round.

Latest posts