• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

twin slider 1971 for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hogseye

Reaction score
Aint got time to put up pics tonight will do tomorrow but '71 low light small rear light needs welding already had front panel, rear and front arches, rear corners, and some repairs to sliding doors. will give all details tomorrow got it as a project half finished 2 years ago and aint touched it since :roll: In Ipswich, can deliver up to 100 miles from here with agreed cost. Looking for £900, plate valued at £1000 (cant sell plate without mot though!) Fly***J

few quick pics will post some more detail and pics tonight
ebfrontpanel.jpg

ebns.jpg

ebos.jpg

ebrear.jpg

It is a dormobile conversion and it seems there was a run of twin slider fly registered early bays, poss for a coach company? Had it a couple of years with all good intentions of re-painting it white slamming it down on some alloys and using it for weddings 8) but as things do other projects and missions pop up and i haven't even touched it.

The guy before me had carried out the following jobs, his welding is strong but heavy in places: welded on a new front panel and was going for the 'smoothed look', i have the original indicator mountings from the old front panel if you wanted to let them in, and i sure if the filler is ground off with a bit of patience the fresh air slot could be reinvented. Its had front arches and some patches to floor, rear arches and rear corners, battery tray patched, outer sills, some out riggers and jacking points and some repairs to both sliding doors. he also stripped the engine down completely (god knows why) and this is in parts in boxes.

Drivers side door is missing, passenger side has had a previous repair, back hatch is good with surface rust on outside where paint was stripped off, engine lid is knackered but there is a second hand one with the van, rear valance is ok.

Bits i definatley know are missing are rear lights, steering box, front badge and some glass (has a second hand screen from my van but its not great, has 1 front quater light and wind down window, rear hatch window, and a 3/4 side piece) will have a rummage around may have some glass in my garage.

it still needs some welding to front chassis in front of beam (did winch it onto my slide and tilt recovery truck yesterday with strop around beam and it is strong enough for that!) he left belly pans on but i would remove them to check underneath, and other little bits.

It is not going to be completed in a weekend but alot of the work is done, the gutters and roof are good, i have purchased and included the front seats and rear bench seats if you want them.
ebdormobile.jpg

ebrearseats.jpg

ebnsslidedoor.jpg

ebnschassisbeam.jpg

ebenginebits.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Early-Bay-twin-slider-mini-bus_W0QQitemZ280328323271QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item280328323271&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts