Tyre Advice??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davla

Reaction score
It's probably an old subject but I could do with some advice on tyres as mine as slightly perished. I understand the standard size is 185/80 R14 but can I fit high load car tyres or do I need van tyres? Any advice on speed and load rating would be appreciated, thx.

You are supposed to use commercial tyres because of the load rating and that is what you should be telling everyone that you are using. It will drive “””nicer””” with van tyres on. Some people don’t pay attention to this at all, especially with lower profiled tyres. They is naughty naughty naughty. I’ve never heard of anyone having loading problems with the wrong tyres and I’m guessing that we just don’t hit the speeds to get into too much trouble. But the correct tyres in size and type mean that you’ll get your speedo as accurate as poss but more importantly the size on the rear will be the bestest for your motor at all speeds. Too big and you’re struggling with a little motor but not quite enough revs can mean your fan ain’t turning fast enough to keep the beastie cool. But,, your bus , so do as you will

Ozziedog,,,,,,, Modern tyres are much bettererer :mrgreen:

Cheers Ozziedog, I’m still a bit confused though, so I should buy 185/80 R14 van tyres but is it wrong to buy XL 185/80 R14 car tyres? Or is there really any difference? Cherrs

I know prob don’t get mot but if you do under new rules you can’t have car tyres , not that you should have on a van before soo ......... it’s load rating on walls that’s diff .

Latest posts