U-pol raptor

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAY-1977

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone used U-pol raptor truck bed spray to spray the underside of their van? I'm looking at finishing off the welding, cleaning and then painting the underside of my van at the Easter weekend, was wondering thoughts on using this stuff?
I like the look of it the qualities it has and its durability! Just wondered if anyone else has used it?

My mate has just done his bus in this and it looks amazing in the photo's, he reckons it is possibly the best thing since sliced bread!!

my son works for a custom builders and restoration company and they use it on the underside of their builds and ones they build as rally cars they swear by it. i intend to raptor the underside of mine when all the welding is done.

Just to let you all know I REALLY recommend this stuff!! Although you need more then you think! But yes I'm really glad I used it, it looks really good! I know it's only the underside but still really worth it.

Looks like great stuff - here is a link to the data sheet

http://www.u-pol.co.uk/documents/datasheets/tds/RLB-TDS-US.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Might have to get some myself!

Yes you can paint over it, plus yes they do a tin table version so jus add your body colour an job done!! Quality stuff! Just remember you will need more then you think tho!!!!

Any pictures of the finished job, I'm looking at doing my belly pans on my bus, how much would I need to do just the belly pans on both sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can see a part finished job in my resto thread! Newbie (ugly duckling) in the gallery. An I reckon the 4 litres will be enough for belly pans mate ;)

I did my inner arches on the front two years ago. Ive been meaning to do more areas since but never got around to it.
I had a look yesterday and some areas it seems to have 'shrunk' and pulled itself away from the body of the van, and will just crack off.
Anyone any ideas? I put it on over zinc primer.

We've used it on both of our last personal builds and highly recommend it , best to get the tintable version and then you just add 100ml (from memory) of body colour, best applied using a shultz gun and compressor and the output rate of the the compressor has an effect on the finished look.
Heres it applied under the 68 Velvet Green Crewcab, lighting is a biit odd so colour changes but you get the idea, much better than using a black underseal as you can see it all, my MOT man loves it as well

IMG_5204.jpeg
IMG_5114.jpegIMG_5112.jpeg
ideaIMG_5205.jpeg

I did my inner arches on the front two years ago. Ive been meaning to do more areas since but never got around to it.
I had a look yesterday and some areas it seems to have 'shrunk' and pulled itself away from the body of the van, and will just crack off.
Not had that problem Mike??, any pics

I did the whole under side of my bus with the tint-able version. Can’t fault it but the prep needs to be perfect or it won’t hold properly. Need to touch up a couple bits from where I’ve put jacks under it.

I always use it on top of epoxy primer and never had a problem with it.

Attachments

• 2E96F791-C47B-4B76-B385-53F670DB9D59.jpeg
    2E96F791-C47B-4B76-B385-53F670DB9D59.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 9F8B9EC8-3DE8-4615-A298-346AEFD62824.jpeg
    9F8B9EC8-3DE8-4615-A298-346AEFD62824.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 72C8671A-A523-4D8B-97A3-048CAEDDCF09.jpeg
    72C8671A-A523-4D8B-97A3-048CAEDDCF09.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts