UK registering a 68 US Delux - Urgent

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veryvw

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have now got the old girl MOT'd, and need to register ASAP as my insurance will only cover me for another week on the US plates.

I set about filling out the V55/5 Import registration document and it asks for a shed load of details that I don't have.

As mentioned in previous post I have sent away to the Wolfsburg museum to get as much data as I can but as the 4 month timescale makes this one hell :evil: of a wait!

Has anyone completed this document and if so where did you get the exact vehicle details to complete?

The details I'm looking for are:
Length (mm) -
Width (mm) -
Type
Variant
Version
Unladen weight kg
Revenue Weight
Etc etc.....

On the how to fill in the v55/5 guide most say "take this information from the certificate of conformity" - I don't have this?!?!

Any help appreciated from you guys as I'm sure a few of you must have been through this rigmarole!

Cheers
Rob

2,400 mm (94.5 in)
Length 4,505 mm (177.4 in)
Width 1,720 mm (67.7 in)
Height 2,040 mm (80.3 in)

Here's some of info I found on google.

Thanks Lee

I wondered if it had to have everything completed but the guide didn't mention it was optional info in some cases.. I mean you'd have to be VW's equivalent to rain man right :lol:

Cheers

You don't need to fill any of that in regarding length etc as it's exempt of type approval due to age, do a search on here for my post 'filling in a v55' and it shows what boxes you need to fill in, lots of people have used it

7-10 working days is what they quote for turnaround as long as the paperwork is all in order :)

Hello There,
go along with what Graham says, I posted something a while back under 'NOVA Nightmares" and he sorted it out to a tee, he even put a link to one he had filled in that I could look at, bit of a duffers guide but it worked for me !

Latest posts