UltraVW

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5erge

Reaction score
Worth avoiding this months issue, 30 pages of Campers, Vans and Buses. However, this comprises of 2 T4's, a T25, couple of splits (nice though) and that Split kiddie one 8)

Do what I did, read the story about the Japanese Split then put it down and saved my money. Saying that though there was a picture of my engine in it, albeit a small picture :)

Des

T4 ?
T25 ?
Transit?
Whatever!

I won't be getting that then! I can understand the T25 thing as not everyone is in a position to own a 'classic' air cooled VW & at least they look cool in a 1980's way,I can tolerate the odd article here and there as you can flick past it.... BUT....whats with the T4 being merged with the air cooled scene? I'm fed up of being force fed articles on glorified transits - all magazines are guilty to some extent! - No interest at all. They're just bland characterless vans, just like a Sprint, just like a caddy, just like a berlingo, just like etc etc...

canofworms.jpg

Doris said:
at least they look cool in a 1980's way

Was the 80's ever cool? Forgive my ingnorance but i'm only 20 and all the pictures i've seen of my folks during the 80's ain't cool, my dad looked like Lemmy from motorhead, just without the worts :lol:

Westy Richardson said:
Doris said:

Was the 80's ever cool? Forgive my ingnorance but i'm only 20 and all the pictures i've seen of my folks during the 80's ain't cool, my dad looked like Lemmy from motorhead, just without the worts :lol:

You had to be there....

Westy Richardson said:
Doris said:

So your Dad was cool then ;)

sparkywig said:
Westy Richardson said:
Doris said:

You had to be there....

:lol: i'll take your word for it ;)

Westy Richardson said:
Was the 80's ever cool?

hell yeah :p - Rover SD1's - Granada Mk2's - Cavalier Mk2 SRi - Back to the future films - ZX spectrum's - Mk1 Golfs - Deltics in service - all very cool 8)

I gotta say, that jap barndoor was awesome in my opinion maybe even epic!.... It just worked so well, OG fuch rims, slammed, narrowed a mad attention to detail and a HUGE motor....... Wiked! 8)

Doris said:
Westy Richardson said:
Was the 80's ever cool?

hell yeah :p - Rover SD1's - Granada Mk2's - Cavalier Mk2 SRi - Back to the future films - ZX spectrum's - Mk1 Golfs - Deltics in service - all very cool 8)

I'll let you have all them, except for back to the future :shock: The Delorean is 1 of the worst cars ever built, comes close 2nd to the Volkswagen K70.........Yuck

Loxy said:
Westy Richardson said:
Doris said:

So your Dad was cool then ;)

Not really, He's kinda like James May just without the sheep dog hair cut :lol:

i've always liked the diversity in the vw seen, and ultra covers it pretty well, t4's aren't my thing but i doubt the mag would servive without reaching out to the whole scene, anyway that split bug is awesome, some real nice vehicles coming out of canada and love the split from japan 8) :D

Its worth buying for the Japanese Barndoor and the bug thats in there as they are both the best things I've seen in any mags lately :D
The quality of both is inspiring 8)

EgoTrippin said:
Its worth buying for the Japanese Barndoor and the bug thats in there as they are both the best things I've seen in any mags lately :D
The quality of both is inspiring 8)

Thats what I thunk.

Doris said:
T4 ?
T25 ?
Transit?
Whatever!

I won't be getting that then! I can understand the T25 thing as not everyone is in a position to own a 'classic' air cooled VW & at least they look cool in a 1980's way,I can tolerate the odd article here and there as you can flick past it.... BUT....whats with the T4 being merged with the air cooled scene? I'm fed up of being force fed articles on glorified transits - all magazines are guilty to some extent! - No interest at all. They're just bland characterless vans, just like a Sprint, just like a caddy, just like a berlingo, just like etc etc...

canofworms.jpg

Im with you mate and think these modern vans should really be featuted in the many magazines that cover the modern VW scene. There readers wouldnt be interested in a mag full of old aircooled stuff and were not interested in the modern shit on the whole.
I buy 4 magazines in total from the VW scene and they all used to be aircooled. Ive kicked my subscription into touch on one of them but will still most probley end up buying it just for something to keep me entertained when im working away.
I cant get my head around the fact that people think the a bus thats had a window put in it, a bonnet painted black and some alloys added is worth a feature. Its got no story, no history and no personality.

clyde said:
I cant get my head around the fact that people think the a bus thats had a window put in it, a bonnet painted black and some alloys added is worth a feature. Its got no story, no history and no personality.

Some chequer plate look lino in the back normally seals the deal ;)

Latest posts