UltraVW

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
I like Ultra VW, although most of the rides have had mountains of cash thrown at them, the mag is not as far up it's own ass as another famous monthly periodical. :msn4:

I only buy Ultra now and again if theres a feature that takes my eye. I think all the rides in there have either had mega £££ thrown at them or are rat-looks, but Volksworld has vehicles from all different styles and are all done on different budgets

worth buying always something of interest,but i agree about the t4s ect .there is a pic of saraj at bug boogie get your bus in next time :lol:

I think Ultra this month is fantastic . the japanese barndoor is amazing and i want one ;) Did I just say that ??? Ultra only has one bus issue a year and is trying to please everyone Which you cant do . But i also loved the red T25 westy as it reminds me of my old T25 LLE :mrgreen:

Gadget

clyde said:
think these modern vans should really be featuted in the many magazines that cover the modern VW scene.
I cant get my head around the fact that people think the a bus thats had a window put in it, a bonnet painted black and some alloys added is worth a feature. Its got no story, no history and no personality.

i once heard someone say... ' you wouldnt turn up to a a classic mercedes vehicle gathering in a white sprinter van...would you?!? so whats the difference with the vw scene....???' ;)

the way i see it.... cos im in club (not that i ever attend any more) with many many t4 and t25 owners constantly justifying themselves...... the beauty of classic aircooled over watercooled is the extent to which you can personalise them..... where as with something like a t4...there is only a limited amount of mods available which most people do......so they all look the same bar perhaps the hideous colours they are painted!

agreed there are a handful of watercooleds out there that have been modified above and beyond and look quite cool in a crazy whacky waaaaay over the top custom way.... but most are just orange, porsche blue or yellow plumbers vans with audi wheels! so again....agreed.... i dont think a lot of these rides warrant features.... but at the end of the day...the owners are still vw fans that like having cider in a field....so i spose we have to live and let live!!!!!

thru_a_lupe said:
clyde said:
think these modern vans should really be featuted in the many magazines that cover the modern VW scene.
I cant get my head around the fact that people think the a bus thats had a window put in it, a bonnet painted black and some alloys added is worth a feature. Its got no story, no history and no personality.

i once heard someone say... ' you wouldnt turn up to a a classic mercedes vehicle gathering in a white sprinter van...would you?!? so whats the difference with the vw scene....???' ;)

the way i see it.... cos im in club (not that i ever attend any more) with many many t4 and t25 owners constantly justifying themselves...... the beauty of classic aircooled over watercooled is the extent to which you can personalise them..... where as with something like a t4...there is only a limited amount of mods available which most people do......so they all look the same bar perhaps the hideous colours they are painted!

agreed there are a handful of watercooleds out there that have been modified above and beyond and look quite cool in a crazy whacky waaaaay over the top custom way.... but most are just orange, porsche blue or yellow plumbers vans with audi wheels! so again....agreed.... i dont think a lot of these rides warrant features.... but at the end of the day...the owners are still vw fans that like having cider in a field....so i spose we have to live and let live!!!!!

Some good points there Jon, you actually made sense, were you pissed :lol:

i agree,i dont like reading about t25s and t4s infact id sooner read about saxos :shock: well not quite.

dont we sound like splity owners tho??? :lol: i bet they buy it a say bloody look at this all bays, t25s, t4s and t5s

and then theres the t25 people saying they dont get t4s and im betting there are t4 owners out there moaning about brand new t5s getting featured.

so theres 5 mags without getting in to the "my t25s air cooled,wouldent have a water cooled".infact aircooled t25s will be the new early(bay) u wait and see :mrgreen:

Hate to go against the flow but the reason we now own our new Baby is purely down to a T4..
Could never afford a pleasure only vehicle so bought a T4 personally converted it and loved the scene albeit disappointed by the snobbery sometimes shown and I assure you it is extremely individual in an oem plus style but simply black outside.
I bought the magazines which featured the berated T4's and the old archaic aircooled.. :mrgreen: Fell in love with the early bay. So after buying another T4 and repeating the process, the profit enabled us to buy Dita last month.

the original is still the best! Volksworld!!
Camper and Bus have way too many T4 and T5, even though they have a spin off mag for the builders vans.

We need an early bay magazine!!
Any takers?

K@rlos said:
sparkywig said:
I like Ultra VW, although most of the rides have had mountains of cash thrown at them, the mag is not as far up it's own ass as another famous monthly periodical. :msn4:

I only buy Ultra now and again if theres a feature that takes my eye. I think all the rides in there have either had mega £££ thrown at them or are rat-looks, but Volksworld has vehicles from all different styles and are all done on different budgets

:lol: so my van was a cover of Ultra, is it Rat or has it had loads of dosh thrown at it?

drew n steph said:
Hate to go against the flow but the reason we now own our new Baby is purely down to a T4..
Could never afford a pleasure only vehicle so bought a T4 personally converted it and loved the scene albeit disappointed by the snobbery sometimes shown and I assure you it is extremely individual in an oem plus style but simply black outside.
I bought the magazines which featured the berated T4's and the old archaic aircooled.. :mrgreen: Fell in love with the early bay. So after buying another T4 and repeating the process, the profit enabled us to buy Dita last month.

This was exactly what happened with me and for that reason I still don't mind the odd t4-t5 . If you don't like what's in a mag don't buy it, then I'm sure If the sales go down the content will change and if I doesn't then it just shows that these builders vans with windows are liked by some .

Mine wasn't a builder's van, it was a t.v. camera crew bus :mrgreen: , could still see 'border tv' ghosting in certain light. . Bought it coz I couldn't afford a bay at the time and needed 6 seats, and was slightly cooler than a people carrier.
Don't think many t4's and t5's warrant being in the mags because they're not very original.
Do miss the 5cylinders though :(

Difficult one this. I like t3/4/5 as well as the splits and bays. I find them all interesting especially in terms of the camper layout and the many different clever ideas.

If you had told me 25 years ago that my bus would be a classic I would not have believed you. Hence I would be reluctant now to say whether or not a t4 will become more desireable or not.

For many years I used to get comments like "why are you still driving around in that old thing" and "what's the matter? Don't we pay you enough" plus "if you must use that thing then kindly park it behind the building" lol.

I was more than a little surprised when these comments suddenly changed in the 90's.

Ps. Marco, I agree, that five cylinder engine is one of the best :D

Could be worse, could have vito's and bongo's in it too :lol:

Trikky I loved the noise and the flat torque curve, and the fact it would pull from 15 mph in 5th gear, :mrgreen:
didn't love the 2k a year fuel bill :shock:

Latest posts