Umzinto ---->1970

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

botcolon

Reaction score
hi there,
thought I should share my bus with you guys. She kind of deserves it. I'm here in Australia, but my bus has a south african name! (there is a connection :) ) She has been enduring a long paint job but has just emerged for the better.

pre purchase photo melburg jan 2007

tilba tilba street festival april 2008

:msn4:

on the tray truck june 2008 off to VWPC
:msn4:

oh, and here is the inspiration to getting a lick of paint
on the return journey from NSW, 30km from home and just in the RACV free tow radius :oops:

:D

k, here are the patina photos. had to wait many months just to get the paint off :roll: (photos dated sept 2008)

end of november last year, things still hadn't progressed and it had been 6 months with almost no tools hitting the bus, so I put the wind up em' with good results. The objective: to have it ready for my brother's wedding at seal rocks in nsw in april 2009.

mid dec. a frenzy began

new rear roof edge

two new outer sills

new dog legs

thanks johnno for the lowlight sliding door and cab doors. Perfect condition even though the donor was mostly burntout

new lower front apron
:roll:

resto has begun, need to put pics up soon, but tease below for now:

left PO :oops: ______ right resto by sisal :D

photo doesn't do it justice. Bloody bling in reality.
:mrgreen:

I have decided to use picasa to upload photos as its real quick and easy, so sorry for the inconvenience, but go have a look if your bored. enjoy

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/michael.agnello/UmzintoRestoration?feat=directlink

p.s below is a collage to tease
p.p.s going to the party tonight, so please introduce yourself as I am shy

umzinto%20restoration.jpg

latest update dec 09

IMG_1916.JPG

bought this last week for a couple hundred bucks. very happy. went straight away. then for a tinware cleanup 8)

IMG_2030.JPG

and reassembled on the sabbath :twisted:

DSC03114.JPG

just need some new hose etc.. Can't wait for summer down the beach

Hello mate and welcome 8) great pics and great resto, enjoy them waves!

Just like to say welcome mate,lovely bus you have there,are you member of kombi club ?Roy is personal friend of mine,iwas over your side couple years ago and when on nimbin kombi cruise,had a blast fella!keep postin them buses,all the best mate.....

Latest posts