Undercarriage cleaning

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Tall

Reaction score
What have you guys found to work the best clean the undercarriage? I am dreading spending the weekend under the van with a wire wheel,any tips and tricks? Keeping in mind I don't have plans to blast the underside or a way to roll it on its side. It is going to have to be good old elbow grease.

I have heard a hot air gun and a scraper is pretty good, obviously be carefully not to cook the paint underneath the under seal.

If you can get access to 1 use a commercial steam cleaner. Thats how I did my BMW.

If its from a dry state where it's been baked one a plastic scraper will get it off really well or a metal scrapper but that will make scratches too but will chip away nicely the hot air gun it will make a right sticking mess an take loads to clean up.

What you doin cleaning it up then coating it with something new or you painting it?

Rob

Thanks, I just want it to look clean. It is Washington state van so it has a tonof grim. When the weather turns here I think I will have tobite bullet and crawl under with pressure washer and brushes.

Latest posts