USB website now online

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no no no no no - after seeing the video clip of the Splittie at Spa, the one thing I don't need to see is a website with bloody quick Bays on it :lol: Temptation looms - upgraditis strikes!!
Great website - will explore. Any chance of some engine sections, so we can see the different types you are running...

..not that I'd be looking of course...ooooh no.

:D

angus said:
no no no no no - after seeing the video clip of the Splittie at Spa, the one thing I don't need to see is a website with bloody quick Bays on it :lol: Temptation looms - upgraditis strikes!!
Great website - will explore. Any chance of some engine sections, so we can see the different types you are running...

..not that I'd be looking of course...ooooh no.

:D
Cheers mate!!

Engine pics - thats in the pipeline for this yr :D What engine you running? Or hoping to be running?

see http://www.mystuffonline.co.uk/3.html - 1600SP
I must admit I'm torn. Our other vehicle is the caterham - so that gives us the performance :D but it would be fun to apply what we have learnt doing that to another project! seeing the Splittie blowing away the Porsche 996 at Spa, my fav circuit, is very inspiring - getting the camper to be a bit of a surpirse on the road would be a laugh!
So, most of me thinks I should keep to the VW engine and work on that - probably go for the 1776 option - I also want to be able to tow the 7 - but also look at brakes, dampers, tyres etc etc - but to be honest, that will be in the future anyway - first step is to get the van on the road again as it is now.

To be honest, I reckon what will happen is that I will get our van up and running as a reliable good performing camper - I love our bus and couldn't change it too much anyway - not least as it is a rare Canterbury Pitt Bay 8) Then, when funds allow - or more particlularly space, maybe I'll get another Bay (panel?) and go to town :lol:
Love to come and look at some of your buses though, to see what these engien changes look like.

Get some engine pics up asap to satisfy the demand for performance :D

angus said:
see http://www.mystuffonline.co.uk/3.html - 1600SP
I must admit I'm torn. Our other vehicle is the caterham - so that gives us the performance :D but it would be fun to apply what we have learnt doing that to another project! seeing the Splittie blowing away the Porsche 996 at Spa, my fav circuit, is very inspiring - getting the camper to be a bit of a surpirse on the road would be a laugh!
So, most of me thinks I should keep to the VW engine and work on that - probably go for the 1776 option - I also want to be able to tow the 7 - but also look at brakes, dampers, tyres etc etc - but to be honest, that will be in the future anyway - first step is to get the van on the road again as it is now.

To be honest, I reckon what will happen is that I will get our van up and running as a reliable good performing camper - I love our bus and couldn't change it too much anyway - not least as it is a rare Canterbury Pitt Bay 8) Then, when funds allow - or more particlularly space, maybe I'll get another Bay (panel?) and go to town :lol:
Love to come and look at some of your buses though, to see what these engien changes look like.

Get some engine pics up asap to satisfy the demand for performance :D
You're more than welcome mate. I will sort pics but it wont be till the 1st meet in May. Im not going for out & out performance either as i want the engine to be driveable around town, be pretty good on fuel & not having to adjust everything every 7 days!! Im yet to get into the club as the engines not ready yet.....but it will be soon :D

That would be great - where are you in Hampshire (roughly) and I'd very much like to pop down sometime to take a gander at the van - I'm near Staines, so not too far....

:lol: - got it!!
So what are you planning?
I'm only in Egham, so about 20 minutes down the A30!
My van is down in Somerset, but if you fancy a blast in a Caterham instead... :lol:

Oh yes - forgot to mention, just bought an old type 4 1700 engine to play with - so that might lead to something.....

angus said:
:lol: - got it!!
So what are you planning?
I'm only in Egham, so about 20 minutes down the A30!
My van is down in Somerset, but if you fancy a blast in a Caterham instead... :lol:

Im going for a stroker mate. Built for longlife but also a little bit of grunt when i need it :wink: I'll let you know when its sorted then you're welcome to take a look etc :D

Latest posts