user manual

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMMC

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can download a user manual for the Bay…just got my 70' deluxe and there are a few things that I'm not sure about??

There are 2 levers in the cab….one near the drivers seat and the other in the front of the cab - below the dash, in the middle….don't want to pull them cause I don't know what they do! Any clues?

Also I can see where you put the window washing fluid but how does it work…on a 70 is it meant to be pressurised?

Go ebay and pick up a haynes.

Next to nothing on there!

You will also get most of the help you will need on here fella! 8) :lol:

Sorry the fluid goes in that little thing behing the steering coulumn and yes it is pressurised.

Just got a pump and pump some air in! :lol:

Dont put in to much pressure or you will have a face full of window wash :lol:

I had the valve fly off and hit me in the arm, laughed so much I fell out the cab. :lol: Got a new valve off ebay for £1!!! 8)

so where do you attach the pump? and how do you get it to squirt? How about these other mystery levers I'm talking about...is one to eject the passenger???!

Under the steering wheel colum you will hopefully see a black oval looking cover on the kick card in front of you. This just pulls off. Under there you will see a black screw lid and hopefully a 5/6inch rubber tube with a bike valve on the end.

Basically unsrew the cap slowley incase under pressure and fill up. Do up cap and once nice and tight pump some air in with an bike pump.

On the dash you will have a (hopefully!) a switch that operates the wipers. Push in the middle of this and that is the windscreen wash. This is the one you should have on yours. :D

The lever in the middle under the dash, changes the air from your feet to the windscreen or a bit of both. 8)

Hope this is what you wanted. 8)

Nearly forgot. The lever under your seat is usually pull out for air in the back and push in for no air. Although I have seen one wired up for a choke!.

Someone else on here may be able to help you a bit more on this one. I don`t use mine and is covered up. Got the air vents but they don`t work ssshhh! :wink:

Thats great thanks easy...you've been a lot of help today cheers! I think the rubber tube is missing or I don't recall seeing one. Do you know if you can buy these anywhere?

MMMC said:
Does anyone know if you can download a user manual for the Bay

Yes mate, here.......

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/manuals70.php

and the heating system is well explained here....

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/freemefromthishell/vw/T2%20Heating.htm

Enjoy your bus and don't forget to put up a few pics in the gallery if you haven't done so already.

No worries fella.

You can pick em up at a few places, try companies like Megabug and VW heritage or if you put a post in the wanted section somebody on here will more than likely have one for sale.

You can also get electric ones form other companies, which are cool if you can`t figure out the other one. Have a good look around the washer bottle as it may just be hidden. (take the card out of the front so that you can see behind it) 8)

JohnS said:
MMMC said:
Does anyone know if you can download a user manual for the Bay

Yes mate, here.......

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/manuals70.php

and the heating system is well explained here....

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/freemefromthishell/vw/T2%20Heating.htm

Enjoy your bus and don't forget to put up a few pics in the gallery if you haven't done so already.

Cheers John - great links!

easy said:
Under the steering wheel colum you will hopefully see a black oval looking cover on the kick card in front of you. This just pulls off. Under there you will see a black screw lid and hopefully a 5/6inch rubber tube with a bike valve on the end.

Basically unsrew the cap slowley incase under pressure and fill up. Do up cap and once nice and tight pump some air in with an bike pump.

On the dash you will have a (hopefully!) a switch that operates the wipers. Push in the middle of this and that is the windscreen wash. This is the one you should have on yours. :D

The lever in the middle under the dash, changes the air from your feet to the windscreen or a bit of both. 8)

Hope this is what you wanted. 8)

Hey easy.

Tried pumping the washer contianer up last night (I found the tube) however, once the pressure had built up, I could hear air escaping around the button on the dash...the button on the dash also appears to be stuck in? Any clues?

Scampi said:
Had this with mine dude and had to repleace the button.

Try someone like Megabug for a replacement.

cheers Scampi....just had a look at Megabug...nothin cooking. Any other suggestions where I can go?

Would give megabug a call as the can often help you even if its not on the site. :D

Latest posts