V-Dub Island 2013 Anyone going ??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickey Sam

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm all booked for V-Dub Island . It will be my first time 'abroad' . :lol:
Not heard much about it , anyone going this year or did anyone go last year ?
I'm taking the bikes as I have heard the Isle of Wight has some good cycle routes

Would be good to hear some opinions please , cheers guys,

We'll be there. :D

Really looking forward to it, first time for us too.

we went last year and we are not going back this year... Although I am heading over to the island camping still.

if you don't have kids and get there early so you are not stuck in the back field I think you will have. I would say this is not a family friendly weekend.

if not the back field last year had 8" grass and was full of dog shit.

We left on the sunday and had booked an extra 3 days in another campsite, just leaving the show everyone breathed a sigh of relief. :)

I'm not a fan which is a shame as the cuban brothers are playing there this year and I love them!!!!

J.

Cheers J, at least I'm getting there early so maybe get a good pitch.
Sounds like I need to take a lawnmower and disinfectant though. :shock:
Like you say , there's always other sites, cheers for the heads up.

Went last year, camping area was excellent, the shower and toilet facility's excellent....... it was a mobile articulated lorry trailer for showers ..Best ive ever used on a camping site, warm and clean!

The show itself a bit of a let down in my opinion, hardly any merchandise stalls , and auto jumble practically none existent with only 1 person selling parts. :shock:

The day and evening entertainment sounded pretty good to be honest, tho I never participated as my bus was parked close enough to enjoy the sounds.
I would disagree with marriedblonde and say this is definitely a family friendly show, there was a large sandpit for starters, and various kids entertainment stalls, also a hunting bird sanctuary and show, wacky pirates, musical carnivals daily....just to name a few.
This show has so much potential, but hasnt yet come to fruition. It needs more commercial participation for starters. The organisation and venue is generally spot on and the only thing stopping my return this year is my impending house move at the same time of the show.
I will definitely be returning to this gorgeous island tho.

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

you are right, there was a sand pit and my boy flew a bird of prey. There was also ice cream on sale. But the music was f'ing loud until 3-4am with no curfew in place. There was no family camping and the facilities did not suit young children.

You need more than a sandpit and a bouncy castle for it to be family friendly in my opinion.

My daughter was 18months and my boy 5.5 last year. they ended being up all night and grumpy listening to the people in the field of dog shit f'ing a blinding and then turning up their car stereos.

Not sure if you have kids but mine need some sleep...

Hi there, we went to vdub island last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. There is lots to do at the show and it is extremely kid friendly, we are going back this year and can't wait.
There are lots of lovely places to visit on the island and the cruise from the campsite to Compton beach has a really great atmosphere and is certainly a sight to behold.
Showers and toilets were as expected for a campsite, out of all the shows we have done this is our favourite, rol on August : :D

not this year, not big enough ( i know it'll only get bigger if people attend) but not enough for 300 mile trip. we used as a base last year and checked south coast and the island out.the showers were a bonus but thats it really. shame as its a good location,think we stayed a total of half a day in between going to the surf and having a look about, site has definately not got enough for a 7 year old. if you have been to the Lincoln do, thats 3 times better and thats so so. just our honest look on it. but go for thr island and ride out. ;)

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience but i'd just like to say that last year based on advanced ticket sales we didn't expect the numbers of people that turned up on thursday and bought on the gate , it was only our second year and it became apparent that we we're going to run out of room , so the second field had to be opened this gave us plenty of space but the grass hadn't been cut and although i wasn't aware of the dog shit problem i guess it would be due to locals walking their dogs there . This year we have the second field from the start and grass will be cut beforehand, a family area will be set out and there will be more entertainment for the kids .
It's only the third year and we are still improving every year and we try to listen to to peoples views good or bad .

Looking forward to a bigger and better show this year .

stufer said:
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience but i'd just like to say that last year based on advanced ticket sales we didn't expect the numbers of people that turned up on thursday and bought on the gate , it was only our second year and it became apparent that we we're going to run out of room , so the second field had to be opened this gave us plenty of space but the grass hadn't been cut and although i wasn't aware of the dog shit problem i guess it would be due to locals walking their dogs there . This year we have the second field from the start and grass will be cut beforehand, a family area will be set out and there will be more entertainment for the kids .
It's only the third year and we are still improving every year and we try to listen to to peoples views good or bad .

Looking forward to a bigger and better show this year .

Cant say fairer than that really.....this really will be a great show once the teething problems are sorted. And I would imagine every upcoming show venue has unforseen problems that they rectify for the year after.

Keep up the good work guys! :cool:

I will definately be returning to this show.....depending on how the house move pans out, possibly even this year again! its a close call :mrgreen:

I am going this year. Looks good after chatting with the guys at volksworld. Have not been before but am defo looking forward to it.

The mrs first camping trip and 2 kids in tow also.

Tickets and ferry booked! :mrgreen: Head over on Thursday 15th on the 11am ferry...

we are going to this,first trip overseas ;) from southhampton 11am ferry tomorrow

We are on the 12 o'clock ferry tomorrow, third year for us :)

Will keep an eye open for you both on the site

Heading down from the Midlands for the 11am ferry also, but pushing to try get the 10am ferry now if there is room.
2nd year for us
....see you folks there! :)

-------------------------------
Own a Bay?.......Feel the Love!!

Good to hear the positive comments from Stufer for this year and coming years.. Fair play.

Looks there'll be a few forum members there this year and by the sounds of it it will get better each year.

Only concern I have is getting on the ferry as I am quite low at the front !
I'm sure Red Funnel are used to low buses by now .

A5H, I'm on the 12.00 ferry as you so might see you on board.

It'll be good to see a few faces from the forum and with a bit of luck the weather should be OK , cheers

WellI now feel confident about getting on the ferry with a low front beam - I managed to get on the f'ing recovery vehicle OK :oops: :oops: :lol:

Got to just outside Winchester and my fuel pump died.

Getting a replacement now and hope to make the last ferry !!!

Latest posts