Van Hire?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DjHarman

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can hire a camper from ,to travel round France?

Im having trouble finding a company that will let one out to me as im 20 and most minimum ages are 21

Anyone know of anywhere else that might do it?

Cheers

theres a company in london( name eludes me) that sell you a camper with a guarenteed buy it back price...obviously this will be lower than you paid but it`s their insurance that (a) you`ll bring the van back, (b )it`ll be in a reasonable condition when you do and (c) all mechanical bugger ups are for the owner-YOU.Its actually a great idea and i`m sure they do heaps ofbusiness what with all the aussies and south africans working their nuts off just to tour europe in a camper
I`m certain i`ve seen them in volksworld just lately...if i see the name i`ll post it

Having heard the prices that some places charge, it might be cheaper in the long term to buy a van.
How long are you planning on travelling for ?

It will deffo be cheaper to buy now have a great trip and sell on after if nothing else chances are you'll recoup your money, they can be upto 800 a week to hire from certain hire companies....

My uncle made a comment a few weeks ago that there is a company that sells vw t2's around gatwick, he saw them when coming home from Aus. for his hols.

looked in volksworld and http://www.qualitycampers.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; have a guarenteed buy back...not 100% sure if thats the company i was on about but worth a try.

scott wilson said:
looked in volksworld and http://www.qualitycampers.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; have a guarenteed buy back...not 100% sure if thats the company i was on about but worth a try.

Although they only offer 60-75% of the value, would be better to just buy outright then sell it on again, if you make a good purchase I cant see you losing that much?

I know you said France but Ginga has set up (or is setting up) a rental business in Spain. Might be worth a message to see if he can help you?

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=10033" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah hopefully hes sorted his van out if you are interested in contacting him drop us a pm and I'll forward his private email...hes set up in a real nice part of the world and is a great place to chill, keep clear of the usual brit tourist traps and you'll be fine....

Ian should be able to offer any local advice, but as yet not sure if he could cater for a 20 year old, I know when I was out in Gib it was merely a case of the insurance company negotiating a supplement, or on times take out your own insurance which to be honest may be the other route to go....

Bad news on the Ginga front he may be pulling out altogether, although he may be able to offer his van to experienced bus drivers if he can arrange adequate insurance cover for "friends", I think spanish red tape and drivers have highlighted a few problems (recently had a bad experience on a mountainous pass)....

He is still going ahead though with camping hire, guided mountain biking etc in the Ronda region....

if people would be interested in cheap van hire give him a shout or pm me for his personal email and he can gauge interest or get a feel for the potential he is more than happy to offer one of his vans out to "friends" or their may be a 71 westy coming to the UK....

Ah thats a shame, we may be heading his way in June/July depending on the success of March's MOT so may call in for a brew 8) and a little of his knowledge!

Anyway, sorry djharman, back on topic...

Its not lookin good on the hiring front, its cuz the insurance, know where does u21

Im in the process of restoring my bay, buy ive got a fair way to go, just really want it done and to be out travelling.

We were gonna travel France for bout 2weeks, as it would be our first trip and not tooo far away.

I may have to splash out on one with and MOT, do some travelling, do it up and sell it until mine is ready?

Cheers for all your help

Don't want to piss on your chips but ring your insurance company to see if they will actually cover you for driving abroad and ask them for a quote.

Just to throw another piece of annoying insurance red tape in the mix, have you held a full license for over 1 year?

My wife is 26 but can't be added to our campervan insurance until she has held a full license for 1 year.

Latest posts