Van Insurance

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joneastwood

Reaction score
Ok so my 68 pop top westy is being delivered today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

IMG_3366.JPG

Need to get it insured ASAP

So who does everyone use these days?

Will be stock for now but have plans for a bigger motor, lowered etc?

Its not fully registered yet, so will I be able to insure it from the chassis number?

All help appreciated as its been a while since I actually had a vdub that needed insurance as the last lot have been projects that have never seen the road :roll:

I use RH insurance. They were by far the cheapest when I got a few quotes. My bus is lowered and it wasn't a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex VW Heritage said:
Cherished for me,

They are forum sponsors and have always been great both with price and service.

Got to love a white westy!

Cherished for me also. Got a great deal today after speaking to a guy called James at Cherished Insurance...... with discount and an extra tenner knocked off :shock: was cheaper than my lowest quote. :D

I use classicline as I use my bay as a daily and found the majority of policies restrictive on mileage and didn't protect your ncb. I also like that I have European breakdown, sdp & commuting, ralley cover and insured to drive other vehicles included in the cost :)

RH insurance here but will be switching to Cherished.

Had a very bad experience with RH breakdown cover on two occasions, don't rely on it!

all you guys with insurance with Cherished, how old are you?
just out of interest

I got a quote from Lancaster for £130.36, I'm 28 and wondered if its worth ringing Cherished

Has anyone else insured their bus with Lancaster and had good/bad experience with them if you needed to claim?

Cherished, age 52. RH didn't insure my bus at night as it wasn't in a gsrage...

Busman73 said:
all you guys with insurance with Cherished, how old are you?
just out of interest

I got a quote from Lancaster for £130.36, I'm 28 and wondered if its worth ringing Cherished

Has anyone else insured their bus with Lancaster and had good/bad experience with them if you needed to claim?

I doubt Cherished will beat that for a 28 year old.

I use Cherished but they do the typical insurance thing of the quote never comes down year on year so you have to ring around and renegotiate.
I'm not sure i'll bother again. Last time I had a problem with what I thought I was quoted verbally to what was taken on my debit card.

I use rh been with them three years £150 when i started, an every year they put it up aprox £25-30.

Gona ring round this year cherished sounds promising.

I use Cherished, however, I haven't had any main issues with my vehicle so far so cannot asses them in a proper way.

With Cherished - £85 (agreed value of £6k) but didn't take anything extra as the van don't move.............
Over 50

Latest posts