Van shakes to bits when pulling off help pls!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhodes4130

Reaction score
Hi all hope someone can help
Went to dubs@castle awesome weekend 8) van drove awesome when on the go
But when hot struggled going through town when I come to a stop then pull away in 1st it would shake the knackers out the back end of the van!!!! :cry:
If I hi revd it then slowly take off clutch it pulled off!
Anyone got any ideas or advice appreciated
Cheers
Tony

possibly worn/damaged clutch, friction / pressure plate / release bearing

mine shakes a bit but it works otherwise fine, and i've messed with it enough times that i can't face pulling the engine again, so until it goes i'll leave it as it is, but sounds like yours might be worse

Before you pull the engine out check the clutch cable conduit, it should have a gentle bend in it, if it's not sitting right and the clutch cable is straight then you have found the source of your judder.

Cheers guys sounds logically to be clutch will have to check only I replaced it last year new clutch & bearings maybe it's not seated right or contaminated
Gutted engine out and it's the summer hols

I've just sorted this out on mine, it had a brand new clutch kit fitted but still juddered like crazy! I had to fit a replacement clutch an had to change the flywheel to as the face of it was all grooved an warped slightly were the plate makes contact!
Hope this helps an you get it sorted dude!
Cheers
Wilf

Under the rear torsion tube, the end of the steel clutch cable conduit should be welded to the torsion tube. If it comes adrift...Judder.

ZedBed said:
Under the rear torsion tube, the end of the steel clutch cable conduit should be welded to the torsion tube. If it comes adrift...Judder.

Agreed, check the cable first before dropping the engine, haynes manual has the spec for the required bend in the cable conduit.

825533fa.jpg

Right take it this it the tube does that look to straight?

Been trying to find some pics on net but can't seem to find any

Cheers
Tony

yeah something's not right there, it doesn't look like it seated properly? also looks like something is missing, i would have to go look at mine though first

It looks like the end of the steel conduit where its welded to the underside of the torsion housing has rusted and broken off.:(

792d0683.jpg

Right cheers guys I just found this this looks alot more sag than mine
Also the bit mentioned as broken off would that be a bit that makes it attach to the g/box at the front like in pic above?
Cheers

Right then fingers crossed may have found problem :shock: this little bad Boy has snapped off!! Spot on zebedee!

b3d532fb.jpg

So will try weld it back or try and make someting a bit more substantial
Will post up my findings if anyone else is havin similar probs

Bit big thanks to guys who helped It would of taken me ages if ever to find that :!:
Cheers
Tony

ZedBed said:
:cough:

I do apologise zedbed 100points to you 2 :anim_19:
Cheers anyways I was proper head scratching before all your help
Cheers
Tony

Latest posts