Vanfest Photos and thoughts.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clyde

Reaction score
Well lets not mention Fridays weather :shock: and the state of the tiolets (not helped by the weather we are not mentioning on the Friday :shock: )

It was great to meet up with old friends for a few drinks :wink:(cant remember laughing so much for ages, Ron and Angie you are mad in the nicest way possible) and to meet new people in the strangest situations and just get on so well (Matt and Shelley, hope to see you and your kids soon)

Didnt do much shopping as its not my thing and didnt go to see the show and shine either so not many photos this year.

DSCF2115.jpg

The start of the river running through our camp on Friday (and someone pinching beer from my bus!)

DSC00001.jpg

You had to be their but this was so funny. (sorry about photo quality, everything was stemed up Friday :shock: )

DSCF2117.jpg

Weather improved on Saturday

DSCF2120.jpg

This guy was reported to have died from eating Malvern Catering. Due to this his wallet was well and truly empty so i was told.

DSCF2118.jpg

Words escape me.

DSCF2123.jpg

Well it was descibed as having a reconditioned engine and gearbox so maybe it was worth the asking price. Didnt get a photo of the gap in the door, i didnt have a wide enough lens

DSCF2131.jpg

The daughter turned all feline this afternoon.

It must be said the fun fair was good value for money and its not very often you can say that.

I think this will be my last Vanfest as i like most others i spoke to seem to be fed up with the same old problems that are supposed to be resolved every year and never are. I dont know if it need a change of management or a change of venue (or both) but lots of other new shows are getting it right first time because they have listened to what people want, and some of the more established shows have improved over the past few years by doing the same.

XPX38F is a sweet looking bus :mrgreen:
I was gutted that i missed VFest,now im glad i didnt go.
Wont be going nxt year either.
Whats BVF like,just as bad?
Last time i did BVF and Vanfest was 2005,Seemed ok then(bit wet at Vanfest if i remember)

heres a few offerings from me. thought it was a good weekend. it was our first show that we stayed over for so cant really compare it to any others,but we enjoyed it.will hopefully get in the eb area next year.had a wander down on sat. some nice vans around.would have moved ours down if it hadnt have been for the mud!

IMGP0244.jpg

IMGP0243.jpg

IMGP0238.jpg

IMGP0233.jpg

IMGP0234.jpg

IMGP0227.jpg

its the first time we havn't camped at vanfest, didn't want to prebook,so us and afew other busses camped up the road at a pub/campsite on sat nite with clean toilets and showers and went to show on the sunday as day visitors had excellent time will be doing the same next year

Same for me and the wife. 1st time in three that we haven`t stayed over night but was shocked to see how quick the camping sold out!! :shock: Was a good day on sunday and was very busy tbh. I was very surprised to see what prices the dubs were changing hands for though! Very surprised!

Glad i went though, but don`t really have an excuse seeing as its only 10 miles from me! All the drivers were complaining though that the road networks aorund Worcester/Malvern were worse than ever this year!!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a great time, nice to meet so many early bayers. 8)

What a nice bunch and they even put up with my drunken waffle.

Shame I didn't get to meet every one but I think a big line up is needed again.

clyde said:
DSCF2123.jpg

Well it was descibed as having a reconditioned engine and gearbox so maybe it was worth the asking price. Didnt get a photo of the gap in the door, i didnt have a wide enough lens

:lol:
I was quite astonished at some of the values placed upon the vans in the for sale section, and at what some people think is an "excellent" condition.

Not just the vans though, I was after an engine lid, and the cheapest in reasonable condition was priced at £85.

dancingbay said:
gorgeous bus love
maybe we'll catch you next year :mrgreen:

Dont think im going to camp at Vanfest again. Might camp at surrounding site and just visit for one day and do some other stuff in the area. Hope to see you again either way. 8)

We drove to
http://www.briarfields.net/park.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Saturday afternoon and stayed there with electric hook up on hard standing for £13.50.

20 mile drive to the show in the morning so we arrived at 10.

We have only done the show for 1 day this year and last year and always run out of time!
I would have liked to have wandered around the campsite and car park but only had trainers on :roll:

Considering doing it as a weekend next year but not sure about the standard of facilities! :lol:

Enjoyed the show. Did not enjoy prats on bikes riding around with no care in the world. Especially when riding into my kids and not saying a word!!

:evil:

I didnt go and was quite glad to be honest. 8)

Dan72 said:
Enjoyed the show. Did not enjoy prats on bikes riding around with no care in the world. Especially when riding into my kids and not saying a word!!

I noticed a higher number of idiots compared to last year, Especially of the blatant teenage drinking variety... I hope it all doesn't go to pot, like bug jam :(

sparkywig said:
I was quite astonished at some of the values placed upon the vans in the for sale section, and at what some people think is an "excellent" condition.

Did you see the splitty in the special display? exellent interior, Decent paint just a bit rough around the edges for... Wait for it...

£41,500

Very nice van, but DEFINITELY not at that price!

:shock:

hasthespaz said:
Dan72 said:

I noticed a higher number of idiots compared to last year, Especially of the blatant teenage drinking variety... I hope it all doesn't go to pot, like bug jam :(

sparkywig said:

Did you see the splitty in the special display? exellent interior, Decent paint just a bit rough around the edges for... Wait for it...

£41,500

Very nice van, but DEFINITELY not at that price!

:shock:

We were chatting to the owner of the early bay next to that split. It was his dad's van from new, is all original, has 40k on the clock, and valued for insurance at only £20,000.
I would have thought it was worth much more than the restored split. :?

We were chatting to the owner of the early bay next to that split. It was his dad's van from new, is all original, has 40k on the clock, and valued for insurance at only £20,000.
I would have thought it was worth much more than the restored split. :?[/quote]

it was :) i wouldnt give more than 15 for a split :D :D

I would have thought it was worth much more than the restored split

as an owner of a split and a bay [both unrestored] I'd have to agree......original bay all the way, in preference to 'restored' anything, we also chatted to the owner, what was sad was that he drove it to 'displays'..to preserve the condition and so it doesn't deteriate which I think is criminal.....use it up wear it out...as VW and Devon/Westfalia intended, love then drive them.

noone would leave a brand new vw touran in the garage because it was worth £20,000 :roll:

Latest posts