velvet green panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries you can pay me more if you want- I never refuse cash! £20...............?

I'm on the wheel case and have some up for grabs- await pics to send onto you in white.

Regs

ben

Think the rear bumper was actually stolen off this van at Dubfreeze :shock: :shock: :shock:

DSCF1637.jpg

only pic i have but i have also done some on the other side and on the back.in this pic the bottom half is not og paint yet but it is tough as hell :!:

Bloody hell 5 years since I started this thread :shock: Not much has changed really I drove it to work about 4 years ago and it gave up on the way home hasnt turned a wheel since.I have moved and renovated two houses not for profit just my big family 4 kids! Wife begged for one more and we got the twins.Well they are at school full time now and life has calmed down a bit so I am trying my best to be on the road for next summer.
I have been collecting bits over the the last few years and the van is now at stock hight,the old beam was rotten and had loads of the springs removed.Radish on this site sold me a nice fust free one,transporterhaus put new ball joints in the arms and I got a set of springs cheap from vzi.I still need to fit a drag link and tighten some bits up but on the whole its standing tall!! The rear needed to be raised 2 splines.I have done the above myself and will get it all checked by a mechanic as this is my first time attempting any thing like this.I cant get any pics as I need to remove the garage door to get it out thought it might be ok or very close but those 185r14c tyres are huge and made a massive difference to the hight.
As there is so little to a panel van I decided a tidy cab was a nice touch so I have collected a nice uncut dash,mph trip speedo,clock,wolfsburg radio with vw logo knobs,and the rear part of the m501 option still looking for the bars that go under the seat but think I will have to have some made. I got the 1/3 2/3 seats from ebay a couple of years ago no ripps and correct colour nice cheap price.
Will update this with some pics when I manage to get it out of the garage.

Small update :D I really wanted stock height but there was no way it could get out of the garage :( I have fitted some ww spindles for a mild drop at least it can leave the garage now.As I said in the last post I have never done anything mechanical in the past so I am well chuffed with my efforts.

Bit of a slow burner this :lol:

good that you've stuck with the van, I probably would have sold up if it was me so fair play to you.

you were right to go lower :D

gumbo said:
Bit of a slow burner this :lol:

good that you've stuck with the van, I probably would have sold up if it was me so fair play to you.

you were right to go lower :D

I know its a bit of a joke in the street I live in. It arrived on a recovery truck when I moved in and sat outside for a couple of days the neighbors said thank you when I put it in the garage!

is said:
Mmm Velvet Green Panel ;)
Hi Dave I have fitted the dash you kindly collected for me so some other little jobs have been done.
If I remember correctly it took about a year for me to come and get it, But thanks again this forums members are ace :D

is said:
:lol: forgot about that would be good to get both Panels at a show sometime ;)

great idea,how about dubs at the castle 2025 :lol:
mines not got much green left,Its got a red drivers door,beige engine lid,white rear hatch,lime green sliding door track you get the idea.

Back end has now been lowered a spline and looks much better for it. Was very nose down with the new spindles now its a tiny bit up!
Bought a good bumper for the rear just need to collect it from Bristol I have another that I was going to use but it needs a bit of work and at the speed I move decided it would be better to sell it to offset the cost of the new one! Talking of the rear end I have a solid rear hatch and one with a window to choose from I like the solid one but the wife hates it :evil: nearly sold it a while ago to a chap in France but decided against it in the end I might just use it and upset her instead.

Solid rear hatch looks great. I would go for that one for sure. Vision is going to crap but who cares. 8)

This little model is cool its manufactured with my vans registration number, All the models they make are based on actual road going vehicles there are a few early bays in the range I bet some other bays on this site have a mini me too.

A bit of the vans history here :D
http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=902113&highlight=mansfield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts