Vintage plate suppliers, type and fixing

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Le_Savage

Reaction score
Hello all,
Having just received the V5 for my recently re-imported 68 bay (been in ROI since 92 and I'm showing as 2nd owner on the V5 :shock: I need to order some plates. Obviously going for vintage style but just thought I'd canvass for some input and feedback on style and design etc. So can anyone recommend a good supplier? Also, did people got for the stamped, pressed, raised, self adhesive etc? Also, how about fixing, the current ones are pop riveted but this isn't very attractive, suggestions welcomed.

Thanks, Justin

I used Framptons for mine, as they have the raised letters and look very period

http://www.framptonsplates.com/CarPlates.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps mate

I used Craig's plates for my US spec plates.

I got mine from eBay. Black and pressed. Think they were about £20 and look the biz. I've got the front screwed to the bumper and rear stuck on

Thanks all, i'll check these out. Although I thought i'd read somewhere that plates need to be made by an approved supplier, or does this not apply to vintage plates?

Cheers, Justin

I've put pressed black and white ones on my 68 however mine had raised plastic letters on white and yellow plates when I bought it.

Latest posts