vw racists?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of it is snobbery - especially from the Splitty boys & girls.

I love my van and I love my wifes bug, but I'll take a keen interest in any older VW because I like the marque - we all have different tastes and I try to appreciate why someone else would love their vehicle even if it isn't something I'd choose myself.

I also think that being a kid in the 1970's means I have a nostalgic love for the vehicles that would have been new or nearly new at that time.

;)

dagboyblue said:
why do people criticise vw types, age, look, blah blah blah ??

this is the only forum that takes it how it is... all vdubs are cool 8)

big luv :D
i was in the mini world for many years and one mini was the same as the next regardless of year and model it was still a mini, the world of the vw is quiet new to me but have noticed how you seem to get little clans, earlys ,splits, lates, etc, i find this very strange as they are all the same make :roll:

retrocars said:
dagboyblue said:

i was in the mini world for many years and one mini was the same as the next regardless of year and model it was still a mini, the world of the vw is quiet new to me but have noticed how you seem to get little clans, earlys ,splits, lates, etc, i find this very strange as they are all the same make :roll:

no not the same :lol: you got to luv em if you did you wouldnt be selling mate :lol: :lol:

dagboyblue said:

The clue is in the forum name ;) most people on here are like minded early bay owners although theres a few on here that pick on us crossers :lol:

Even the little clans have little clans :roll: year, model, height I think the internet makes people more confident to critisice others, in the flesh people are less picky and more into the scene as a whole.

robins said:
retrocars said:
dagboyblue said:

no not the same :lol: you got to luv em if you did you wouldnt be selling mate :lol: :lol:
see blah blah blah !!!! board now :( wot next

dagboyblue said:

Some guys on here do have an issue with x-over's though :mrgreen: (touch paper lit :shock: )

gninnam said:
Some guys on here do have an issue with x-over's though :mrgreen: (touch paper lit :shock: )

Thats because they're not proper early's - ONLY MESSING!!! :lol: hey - I love all air cooled VW's - I never remember any of this eliteism 15-20 years ago :| its rubbish,how bland a scene it would be if we all had concourse sambas in brown & sealing wax red!!!

I do love all VW's old and new , I just prefer an earlybaycamper, but been eyeballing a 66 bug and my wife wants a T25 for herself.
Would I like to have a split, fridolin,Baja bug, new Golf, late or earlybay crew cab, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes but my wallet and house are not that big :mrgreen:

It wasn't til my brother pointed out there was more than one type of bay camper that I even knew about early bay's :D

I'm now keen to point out that it is one when anyone talks to me about it :roll: - as above, with mini's everyone was the same, though a few with their coopers thought that stripes should be pulled from any without the "proper" heritage!

It was whilst talking to an MG owner at a resto garage that I saw another side of classic car enthusiasts .... he wouldn't speak to me after I got my Triumph sprayed a now standard colour :mrgreen:

I like all VW's - some more than others (splits are just a bit too 1950's for me ;) ) - I particularly want a bug now but think I'll need a few years to convince my wife it's a good idea first!

split, early,cross over,late.. we all have something in comon.. we would all be a little better off £££££ with out them and our wives partners wouldnt moan at us for being in the shed or garage till all hours trying to fix the broken bits just to get to the next show... we do it for the love of the buses and bugs and for the love of the life that goes with it. Unfortunatly the odd few let it down but egnor them and come and party with the rest of us!

P.S. stu the second engine is about to go in cross fingers this one dont go pop.. lol..

see u all at the next show.

wibbler said:
Even the little clans have little clans :roll: year, model, height I think the internet makes people more confident to critisice others, in the flesh people are less picky and more into the scene as a whole.

.....do you not think it is the 'scene' that is the problem :shock: ......its been there with VW's since before I first got into old cars in the early 90's.......at car shows you could chat to MG, Morris, Sunbeam, Ford etc. owners for the love of a rusty slow old car.....but....

......pricks in Bugs thinking they were something....into the scene :msn4: .

I think we all know a forum where the 'scene' is ;)

Hence why we are on here :mrgreen:

PS the other half has a bug ;) ...hate the over powered go-cart :lol: .....may have been good in the depression of the 1930's but it was out-dated by the 1950's :msn4:

PPS your all getting old ;) ...go to bed :lol:

Maybe its a money thing :| my bus is worth more than yours etc or the fact there are so many different types of vw that it all gets a little tribal :roll:

One thing is for sure , I am getting old and im going to bed :lol: :lol:

Don't care what car anyone drives (Merc, BMW, Mini, VW, Audi, Ford, Bristol, Rover, Triumph etc, etc...)

We all drive what we do 'cause most of us like what we drive (company car drivers please sit down :lol: )

Generally, VW ('specially the aircooled ones) drivers seem to be more friendly, but, as is the case with all humans. some are more friendly than others.................

I like my van, cars (ex bike) etc and if people want to talk to me about any of them, I will talk back.

This forum, up to now, has been a very friendly one and lets make sure we keep it that way................... 8)

Peace to you all and good night 8)

Its a shame about the various 'clans' within a clan senario, but thats just life I'm afraid :( I too owned a mini cooper and used to show it at concourse events around the country. I refer to the 'a mini is a mini' quote, well no its not. There was the 'S' club, the '59' club, the Austin 7' club, the 'traveller' club, the 'van and pick up' club, the 'wood and picket' club etc etc. I appreciated them all for what they were but not everyone was of the same opinion, the S boys were probably the worst.

As for the VW's, well on the old girls maidien voyage some 3 miles down the road to a well known burger bar on the surrey downs, I followed into the car park a split of all things. I duely walked over to admire it and chat to the owner, it was a really tidy one and I did so for for half an hour or so. As we walked back to where I had parked he did'nt even bother to stop and just exclaimed that his wife wanted one of 'those' :shock: but had loads to say about his own bus :roll:

gninnam said:

As a crossover owner in waiting, (I pick it up on Friday), I just saw it as friendly rivalry...maybe I should be more offended :( .

gninnam said:

just simple minded fools....... ;)

Baldrick said:
As a crossover owner in waiting, (I pick it up on Friday), I just saw it as friendly rivalry...maybe I should be more offended :( .

rivalry...no :roll:

jealousy...yes :mrgreen:

VW realised with the early bay things weren't just right so built the crossover.....but....

......the thing is knowing when to stop.....knowing when you have got something just right......

...VW clearly in this case just didn't :lol: ...god bless the T25 8)

Just back from the Holton Classic...good to see so many golfs and passats and a mazda 3 on display....no mk6 golfs though.....shame so much nicer IMHO than the mk5's

The guy from Concept Sails has one cool looking early RHD splitty panel 8) 8) 8) 8)

PS T4's and T5's are taking over...must be that power steering and heating/aircon :evil:

Tbh split screens are the most iconic Volkswagen and i think they are really cool rides, but some split owners do act like they're a cut above the rest. Everyone is intitled to drive which VW they want and do what they want to them, i express my opinion on other peoples motors and accept and respect what people think of mine, even if they say it's a piece of s*** :lol:

Latest posts