• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

VW T2 DEVON INTERIOR WANTED

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicargo

Reaction score
hi there, im new to this forum and am hoping somebody can help me out. im looking for a vw t2 devon interior like the one in the photos, near to manchester if possible but i am willing to travel. dont mind one that needs a bit of work, but must be as complete as posssible. if youve got one you can phone/text me with details/price on 07709 063311. all the best, simon.
untitled.jpg

BsUhtgmkKGrHqYOKkEvQwtGjOhBL5TuGH_1.jpg

BsVemgBWkKGrHqEOKjYEuc7bWo4BL5UETl3.jpg

BsVz8QCWkKGrHqYOKigEvOeMflgtBL5UF2g.jpg

I have a complete interior (except for cushions) in very good condition exactly like the one in the pics. It even has the rare cooker outside stand and various other scarce bits like a complete set of legs. pm me your email address and I'll send you some pics and a guide price. It's in East Devon.

Brian

Blimey! I have a cascade of pms about this! I'll send out pics tomorrow to all who are interested and give a price.

Chicargo doesn't seem to be willing to travel so it's up for grabs.

Brian

Thanks for the interest EB people :D There's now so many people after this I can't send individual photos so here they are :)

Buddy seats complete with Easicool - they come with the original water tank in perfect condition.
Rearfacingseatunits.jpg

Easicool.jpg

Dudley cooker in mint condition complete with windshield and warming rack
Dudleycooker.jpg

Very rare outside cooker stand
Cookerstand.jpg

Rear bed shelf and drawer unit in solid oak with excellent handles
Bedshelfandreardrawers.jpg

Overhead locker with working OG fluorescent light
Overheadlocker1.jpg

Overheadlocker2.jpg

Rear seat and cupboard unit (cooker fits in here)
RearsetCookerunit.jpg

Table with all legs in good condition - the orange top is original
Table.jpg

This interior is structurally in very good condition - no rot etc - but of course needs a light sand and repolishing (Devon used french polish on their oak interiors) and some of the Fablon has shrunk a bit. French polishing is quick and easy to do - the buyer will be advised on the best way to refinish this ;) .

There are six units in all - the only things missing are the Whale tap and the cushions. I paid good money for this several years ago and was going to put it in a split but didn't have the heart to cut it about. I would like it to go to a good home where it will go into a rhd van.

I've no idea what it is worth but I was offered £600 last year. Offers around there please - I'm in no hurry to sell it

pms please if you are interested - no dibs - first person with the cash gets it. Having said that it's only fair that chicargo has first refusal.

Brian

BJ1 said:
Thanks for the interest EB people :D There's now so many people after this I can't send individual photos so here they are :)

Buddy seats complete with Easicool - they come with the original water tank in perfect condition.
Rearfacingseatunits.jpg

Easicool.jpg

Dudley cooker in mint condition complete with windshield and warming rack
Dudleycooker.jpg

Very rare outside cooker stand
Cookerstand.jpg

Rear bed shelf and drawer unit in solid oak with excellent handles
Bedshelfandreardrawers.jpg

Overhead locker with working OG fluorescent light
Overheadlocker1.jpg

Overheadlocker2.jpg

Rear seat and cupboard unit (cooker fits in here)
RearsetCookerunit.jpg

Table with all legs in good condition - the orange top is original
Table.jpg

This interior is structurally in very good condition - no rot etc - but of course needs a light sand and repolishing (Devon used french polish on their oak interiors) and some of the Fablon has shrunk a bit. French polishing is quick and easy to do - the buyer will be advised on the best way to refinish this ;) .

There are six units in all - the only things missing are the Whale tap and the cushions. I paid good money for this several years ago and was going to put it in a split but didn't have the heart to cut it about. I would like it to go to a good home where it will go into a rhd van.

I've no idea what it is worth but I was offered £600 last year. Offers around there please - I'm in no hurry to sell it

pms please if you are interested - no dibs - first person with the cash gets it. Having said that it's only fair that chicargo has first refusal.

Brian

hi there brian, i have most items sorted now so if anybodys interested in the above interior from brian then please feel free. i now only need the cooker/sink unit that sits to the left of the rear seat, and a buddy seat. i should have said in my original post "i am willing to travel upto 100-120 miles" unless a courier can be arranged. all the best, si = chicargo

OK Simon - no probs

Offers on £600 for this interior please. first deposit takes it.

Brian

would you be willing to split the interior ? as i have a un complete devon just need some parts to finish my resto

would like the 2 units that go behind the bulk heads ie cooler unit and wardrobe and the unit at back above rear hatch

if yes how much £ would you be looking for

thanks steve

Sorry Steve but I don't want to split this up. There's lots of interest in the whole thing.

BJ1 said:
Sorry Steve but I don't want to split this up. There's lots of interest in the whole thing.

ok no worries

just thought i would ask

steve

IF YOU DO SPLIT IT PLEASE LET ME NOW

Morning all, my dad is making me a complete set of units up in this style, which I believe is Devon Moonraker from around 1970/1 as that's what was ion my grandads camper that we all used to go away in.

Anyway, cut a long story short, would people be interested in buying brand new complete sets and if so what would you suggest would be a good price?

Bear in mind that there will be no cooker, probably no sink and no cooler. Just the shells complete.

Thanks guys and gals,

i would be interested in a new moonraker interior to fit in a rhd split. i would pay good money for one made nice in oak ? where abouts are you?

I'm in Derbyshire but my dad has a workshop near Grantham.
I'm waiting to see what my set turn out like, but Ive spoken to my dad who is at that semi retirement stage and I think this could be a nice little side-line for him. He's a bloody good Joiner/Carpenter/cabinet maker but he's too bloody perfect for his own good! :)
He's already bought the wood for mine; the oak faced 9mm ply and has an old set of units I managed to buy recently as a pattern to work from.
As and when the first set are made, I'll get some pics as a sample and take it from there.

Best,

Gav

that would be great....keep me posted, as i am looking at having some made over the winter

I'll also be interested to see how your grandad's set comes out.
I'm looking to commission a nice devon interior oak faced, buddy seat, cooker unit and low cupboard
Keep me posted please

Latest posts