Wahooo!!! Had my Early Bay 3 Years Today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
Wich possibly explains why all my clothes are over 3 years old :mrgreen:
Quite rare for me to keep a car this long, infact ive had 3 daly's in this time and im looking to sell the one i have to get another. May possibly be the longest ive ever owned one.
Sold my rather rusty 74 Devon a week after Bugjam and went on the hunt for an Early. Spent the next week scouring the net looking for what i was after (Even saw a couple of Splits that were within buget), The Samba, Here, VZI, Ebay etc....
Couldnt realy find anything that fitted the bill.
The one i have now was on Ebay and to be honest i saw it on there loads but didnt realy think much to it.
The listing was going to run out late on the friday or saturday evning so sat and watched.
The seller had put his mobile number up so i gave him a ring and said that im interested but id just sold a rusty shed :mrgreen: and didnt want to buy another one, if it doesnt sell il come down and take a look.
Didnt get a single bid :shock: .
Drove down on the sunday and fell in love with it.
Drove it home that day.
Quite scary being as id never driven a LHD before and i had to drive from Surrey to Bedford using the M25 and M1.
Heres how it looked when i baught it.....
newbusandbugjam097.jpg

newbusandbugjam094.jpg

newbusandbugjam096.jpg

Havnt got any bang up to date pix but heres a few pix to give you an idea how its looking now.
It is totaly finnished now externaly (inc window trims and hubcaps).
063.jpg

044-1.jpg

Give me another 3 years and it may have an interior :lol:

Rich

Very nice bus. I must admit, if it were me, i'd have kept the paint as it looks original and just sealed it but each to his own. :)

Latest posts