• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted-2x tail light lenses to use with chrome rims.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meowdmucker

Reaction score
Have two very nice chrome tail light rim surrounds but cannot find any lenses to fit. All the ones i've enquired about are too wide (Heritage/Status). My chrome surrounds are stamped 'vw' and 'SWF' so presume are original. Measuring from the back, the internal width is 111mm. Can anybody help or advise where i can buy them? Thankyou.

Your surrounds will only fit US spec all red lenses. Put up a wanted thread if you want to run these. Otherwise you are looking at fitting Hella Euro spec lenses or cheapo repros with crapulous 'chrome' surrounds made in China out of recycled bean tins.

I bought the cheapo wrong size lenses from heritage the cut them to fit my OG trims. You'll only notice if you look real close!

hi mate i have got 2 rear lenses at home ,il double check the size tommorow when i get home see if they are any use to you .......bob

Thanks everyone. I think the red ones are illegal in the UK? so they are out . Cutting others down sounds reasonable. Thanks Gib 181 I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Red tail lights aren't illegal as such.

There is an issue with the indicator flashers that have to be orange to meet UK spec.

Most of the peeps on here have converted their reverse lights to flash orange and then just leave the red lenses as stop and tail lights.

Trouble is my bay is a UK one so reversing light option not possible. I guess i could just swap the lenses over for the M.O.T?

Latest posts