• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: 67/68 MPH Speedo (no logo's!) Maybe a "Trip" item...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket

Reaction score
See what turns up, I have a standard 68, no logos dial but no trip, like I said, see what turns up.

Ron

Did they exist in 68? I've never seen one.

Reason I ask is that the mileage was on the bottom of the gauge in 68 which would clash with the trip meter.

You can very easily use a 69 onwards and just replace the plastic coloured lenses on the accesories/fuel dial. I've taken a fair few apart and it's fairly straight forward to do.

I was of the understanding that the 68 trip was like the later ones in orientation except for the earlier symbols at the bottom

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

In the molenaar book it is listed as an m code on a 68, I would check but it is packed away in a box somewhere due to a house move over Xmas.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

If all else fails i have a '68 only speedo which is broken and needs a refurb. I dont know if anyone refurbs them though haha

I've NEVER yet seen a genuine 68 trip speedo.

Clem said:
I've NEVER yet seen a genuine 68 trip speedo.

How does it look like?
This one is from 1968?

31%2DDashAfter.JPG

This one is from 1969-1972?

336268.jpg

Neither of those are 68. This is a 68 only cluster below. Stole the pics sorry.
Notice instead of symbols there are stripes over the accesory lights. Also the mileage is 5 digit and on the bottom of the dial rather than 6 digit at the top.

image277.jpg

image279.jpg

I've just had a look in my spares and I think I have one the 50 is at the top. Looks exactly like the picture above ill pop a pic up in a bit

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?submit=yes&type=text&section%5B%5D=33&keywords=speedometer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts