• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - B code single port engine / parts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boozy999

Reaction score
I'm ready to build up a new motor for my bus and I want it to be correct for the year - 1969.

This means a B code 1600 single port I believe. It currently has a later twin port motor.
It's a step backwards I know but it is a restoration.

Complete engine would be good- running or not

Otherwise, parts I need are:
Complete B code short block - the less machining it's had the better
Oil cooler, fan shroud and fan / generator & pedestal, fuel pump
Upper tinware - cylinder tins, rear tin and pulley surround
Vac only distributor - code 113 905 205 T (or M or K) or 131 905 205 (I think these are the correct options for a 30 series carb)

Okay, that's virtually a complete engine but I do already have the heads, inlet manifold and a few carb options.

What have you got?

I did the same for my 67, like you say, it was for a resto so has to be right.

Just as hard I'd guess for a 69, I know I have a stash of stuff left over as I was buying whatever became available, I know I have a dizzy, as for carbs, I have mine rebuilt to OG spec, they look like new and work straight out of the box, no repro for me.
I will check on the engines I have, I have two single ports, 1600cc.
Is yours a full body interior rebuild to new condition?

Ron
VW Endangered Species ltd.

got fan housing ,tin,dynamo and stand,oil cooler also fuel pump.came of my b code 68 .bit of a trek from Bradford to Malvern though :roll:

i have single port fan, shroud dyno ill go take pics and see if that helps you out

Hi I've got B code engine, will have a look tomorrow to see if it has any end float. Only bad bit is I'm on the south coast, I'm happy to put it on a pallet if you sort out a courier.

Just a note to say thanks to everyone who has replied - all very helpful. :)

Panelvan, thanks for the offer but I think that dizzy is a dual vacuum and centrifugal advance - has 2 pipes coming out of the vacuum can. I'm after vac only, no centrifugal advance. Thanks though.

Latest posts