• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: cab door lock/barrel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay71

Reaction score
Unlocked the van Sunday morning to head off to Volksfest Bristol and the barrel came out with the key, but in 2 pieces :roll: Bought a repro one at the show hoping that I could just swap the barrel over into my original handle but no, too big.....anyone got a spare barrel or complete original handle for a 71?

Cheers

Jay

apart from the rare pushbutton 68 bay door lock handles which are the same as a late splitty, all years are the same.

so don't go thinking you need one specific to a 71 and have some ruthless vendor screw you............ ;)

Mark,

Thanks for the thought but I'm up to my eyeballs in bricks and building so really no time to look -started on walls through. Also, still got the nuts for you in the car.

Jay71, good luck

Chris at the Volkswagen Emporium has them, nos with key. I know cos exactly the same thing happened to my 71 5 days ago. He can reset them to match your key as well, so only one key to get into your bus.
http://www.volkswagenemporium.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts