• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - door lock tension spring -

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slow-lane-Matt

Reaction score
Fed up of not being able to lock/unlock drivers door with key !

Need one of these: but JK haven't got any ?

anyone else, I assume its the same part for '68 bus - looks similar

http://www.justkampers.com/111-837-061-c-door-lock-tension-spring-for-vw-beetle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks

Matt

VW Heritage have them in stock (& Earlybay 5% discount)
http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Spring-for-door-lock-211837061_act_shop.product_pID_196143_lang_EN_country_GB.htm?crumbStartPage=4&crumbStartRow=44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hope you have nimble fingers :msn4:

Thanks for suggestions

In the end I did order the spring on VHHeritage (but didn't know about the 5% discount at the time)

Are VHHeritage parts all genuine VW parts - or the same mix of pattern and clone parts "everyone" else sells...?

Thanks bugmandave -but don't have an old disti to cannabalise
Thanks wilgartw -tried a pen spring - and it did work, but its such a pain to get the mechanism out hoping the real spring will last a bit longer
Thanks Toad - I have a box of bits - but not many springs
Thanks Harlequin - nope - fingers not particularly nimble - but at least I can sit down at a table and take my time and do it calmly, (until the spring pings off and disappears down a worm hole!)

It must have been one of the worst jobs in post war Germany - assembling these doors and locks...!

Next job - sort out sliding door lock - can't lock/unlock from outside. On the drivers door the key turned but nothing happened - on sliding door key doesn't turn, so I am hoping its just a matter
of juggling the tumblers....

Thanks again for the suggestions

Latest posts