• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - early bay rear tinwear.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tofufi

Reaction score
One of these please, for an early bay.

Earlytinwear.jpg

At the minute I am running a bug one, which is different and leaves an inch gap at the top.

Thanks.

Still looking for one of these - the large tinware bit that goes above the gearbox at the flywheel end of the van. :)

Tofufi said:
Still looking for one of these - the large tinware bit that goes above the gearbox at the flywheel end of the van. :)

I think i may have one floating in the garage (somewhere :roll: )
I cant get your pic to work though, can you post another picture & i'll can check if i've got the right one

Hi Kev,

I'm afraid I deleted the original picture from this thread. I did have a picture of the exact bit I was after.

It is the bit highlighted on this picture below:

tin-1.jpg

But... for a bus. The bus one is taller by about an inch or two above the pulley.

If you can find it and take a picture, I'd be able to tell you if it is the right one (and I'd be extremely grateful!)

Thanks,

Jim.

Ok, this has been bugging me so i've just been out in the garage in the dark & had a rummage round for you :lol:

It is an early bay one, but it doesn't have the cut out for the dog house cooling tin. ( it came off a 1600 s/p engine )

DSC00047.jpg

Any good ??

That's the one! Mine is a doghouse, but I've got a beetle one which has the hole so I ought to be able to trim it to fit the newer fanhousing :)

How much are ya after for it? It'll need posting to Bristol too ;)

Thanks
Jim. 8)

:twisted: £1000000 They're quite rare, so i hear ^^^^ :wink: :lol:

It's fairly large & i've no idea what it'll cost to post, so does £30 delivered sound reasonable ?

I have one too in the back of the works van will rummage about tommorrow and get a pic again its a SP but easily modded......

Araon said:
:lol: .... two sellers and hopefully two happy customers.... :wink: ....will be at dubfreeze......

nice one chaps...looking forward to those photo's Araon....but not sure whether I'm making it to dubfreeze....my birthday night out the night before. May have to go with post or another show???

It'd be a bit easier for me to buy Aarons one, as I already need to send him a few quid for some seatbelts :)

Either way, whoever is selling me one, can they PM me with details of payment? Paypal would be easiest.

Cheers,
Jim.

DSCF0248.jpg

Light rust Ill clean it up a touch with the wire brush before sending it theres also a piece of the fixing eye snapped off (strange as it was there when it was removed)....Its the eye on the far right of the pic as it is orientated, an easy repair...

DSCF0249.jpg

Well if anyone wants mine for £30 send me a pm & i'll give you the paypal details :wink:
If not, i'll hang it back up in the garage :lol:

No one want to take this off my hands, price of postage and a small weld repair.....

I know Tofufi doesnt want to faff about with the repair but no one else...postage should only set you back afew quid...

Latest posts