• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted earlybay camper up to a 74

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannon

Reaction score
Hi my wife and I are after our first camper to use for holidays. Needs to be in good condition dont mind a little work. Were located in northamptonshire.
Thanks

Hi check out my early bay fully loaded for camping its under johnnyalpha in the listings cheers

hi
I have a 1971 westy tintop full prof paint respray, full mechanical resto, this will be completed very soon.
let me know if your interestd. ill send pictures. its in the north east, but well worth traveling for,this bus will give you years of pleasure.
ron 07855249182

Hello
Please look at my add on earlybay,under jamiebus
This is a super solid bus you can put your own mark on this bus.
Please email or call me if interested on 07928533918
Can deliver,£7999 ovno
Thank you

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Why up to a 1974? Is this for tax free? In case you aren't aware of the differences, early bays go up to 1971, then you gate the cross-over with a later rear end setup 71 > 72 (I find the most commonly available due to the larger production numbers in this year), then after 1972 it's a late bay and we don't like to mention those :lol:

I'd firstly think about LHD or RHD - one comes with a premium, but you can get more bus for your cash with a LHD - then conversion/model which will be driven by LHD or RHD (e.g. a pop-top westfalia will cost ££££ more in RHD than LHD due to rarity), does it need a pop-top? are you after original condition or are you flexible with any upgrades, in which case you could go for a converted panel van rather than an original camper layout from factory

When do you need it on the road? Straight away or if you are prepared to wait for the right bus, then importing a peach from south africa (RHD) or US for LHD is possible via a number of trusted importers on this forum

If it helps - I worked out the type, year, model, then condition and waited around 4 months for one to come up in holland, had it imported and MOT'd and found this to save having to go around looking at campers, when someone you can trust will look and advise on your behalf

Anyway - hope the above helps

Thanks to all that replied brought our first camper van today a 72 bay window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts