• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted : fan shroud flaps and linkage and thermostat bits

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

55ovalcharlie

Reaction score
Hi all

The 1600 single port in my bus has been built by previous owner without any flaps in the fan shroud and without a thermostat.

So basically I'm after ALL the bits needed to retrofit the thermostat system.

So both flap sets for the shroud
Linkage rods and clips for behind the shroud
A thermostat
The rod that drops down between cylinders and connects to stat
And all the other bits I've forgotten to do this job :?

Appreciate any help you can offer people as I don't want to be driving the bus without this kit on.

Thanks
Charlie
:D

Take a look at this fan shroud on eBay. You can see the flaps, which could be taken out and transferred to your own. Someone on here might be able to confirm that they are all the same size. You'd need to ask if the linkage is around the back (sp and tp linkage is different I think).

Ebay Item number: 220742901792

Anyone?

That one on eBay doesn't have any of the linkage rods :(
I'll have a crack at winning it on eBay but I'll still need all the rods and thermostat bits.

Any help appreciated :)

Thanks

type2tattoo said:
I have the flap bar for a single port? and prob some other bits

Hi

Would be awesome if you could have a look to see what you have and let me know with posted prices etc :)
Thanks

55ovalcharlie said:
type2tattoo said:
I have the flap bar for a single port? and prob some other bits

Hi

Would be awesome if you could have a look to see what you have and let me know with posted prices etc :)
Thanks

Are you sure its a single port? I will have a look this week, got family visiting so busy are you in a hurry?

If you could look at the exploded diagram on heritages site, it would help to know what you need exactly :)

hi there

yep - it is definitely a single port motor in mine.

as for the bits I need.

going off heritage's site

1) Thermostat
2) Housing for the thermostat (but think I may have one lurking away somewhere)
3) pushrod for thermostat (the one that goes up through the cylinder fins. And any relevent clips to connect this up
4) All the flaps for me to put in the fanshroud
5) Fanhousing flap spring
6) then I need all the rods that go behind the fanshroud. i.e. the 1 x big one and the two smaller ones that each connect to the flaps.

Heritage do seem to sell a kit but it is showing as out of stock :-(
I'll try a couple of the other big suppliers to see if they do anything similar also.

As for timings, well I guess that all depends on how brave I am as to how much driving I can do in it without the flaps or thermostat.

Thanks for your help.

hi again

thanks for everyones help but someone has just come to the rescue with all the bits n bobs I need

sorry to mess you about tattoo but thanks for trying :D

cheers

Latest posts