• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - Inner Door Chrome Handle Surrounds

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howie123

Reaction score
Think this may have been covered before but I am after a couple of door handle Delux trim parts.

I'm missing ONE Chrome Inner door handle surround (has to be the one that fits both the release and locking catch.
Also looking for TWO of the black blanking plates that sit inside this, the pictures show what I currently have on each door.

So what you got squirreled away in that Box that we all have in our garages with stuff called ''you never know, one day I might ........''
Cheers
Howie

LithBeers004.jpg

LithBeers005.jpg

Got these mate

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=40616" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ;)

Grazy,
Not sure if you have the right ones mate.

In your picture, along with the chrome surround and black plate it also shows a door release (without a lock lever) so if that fits your Chrome surround then it wont fit my handle which has both release and lock all in one.
Hope that makes sense.

If I'm wrong let me know.
Cheers
Howie

You are right Howie , just looked at them , :roll:

I did wonder what year they were as they are different to my '69'ers !

the part number is different to my 1969 chrome trims

Here is the part number of the ones i have for sale 411 837 097

The 69 ones are 113 837 239 !

I am interested to know what model VW these handles i have for sale are !!

Sorry i cant help Howie !

Grazy i think the surrounds you have are correct but the actual pull isnt. If you count the fins the pull is narrower than the gap in the surround.

I wouldnt mind the surrounds if they are correct presuming Howie doesnt take them.

In touch with a guy on the samba about some but he doesnthave any in stock.

Found someone else who does repro black inners

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1288118" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nugsy, must admit not convinced that what Grazy has are right size :? so please go ahead if you want first dibs.
Good find on the black inners :D

These are different to my 69 ones , not sure if they are even bay ones ???

Hi Howie,

These are the surrounds that you're actually looking for. As you probably gathered, they're real hens teeth! I spent over a year trying to find these for my own bus and ended up with two sets only because of the rarity value.

There are lots of different types around which look the same size but if you study my picture and look at your original one, you'll see that the fixing screw is on a 45 degree angle which you can also see on your door without the surround fitted which tells you these are unique to the Bay. There are lots around that are similar but the fixing screw is in the middle and I think they're off of Beetles?

I haven't got the black inserts unfortunately but I am prepared to sell these as a pair only for £43 including postage.

If this is suitable for you, let me know as I'm going away on Friday and I'll be away for about a week.

They're in nice condition as you can see from the photos.

img3974j.jpg

img3975y.jpg

img3976fx.jpg

img3977s.jpg

img3978h.jpg

img3979h.jpg

Hope this is of some help.

Regards.

Steve

Do you still have these or know of the part number as my deluxe did not have them and I need them. Thanks!

Latest posts