• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted men mountain bike

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleeb1

Reaction score
Just got my girlfriend a bike and now need to find one for myself. Upto £500.

What you got? :D

If you're looking for a retro ride, how about a 1992 Kona Kilauea :)

DSC00424.jpg

mcvw said:

DSC00424.jpg

Great bikes Kona 8) Loved the old Cinder cone & laver dome, use to love the way they had such a good slope on the top tube and the straight forks,
Good bollox clearance for when you stack it!!
Highspec this one! 8)
Nice condition too...remember the oval Shimano cranks?!? :shock: Is that the deure dx mecks, crank and thumb shifters??

myvanway 69 said:
mcvw said:

DSC00424.jpg

Great bikes Kona 8) Loved the old Cinder cone & laver dome, use to love the way they had such a good slope on the top tube and the straight forks,
Highspec this one! 8)
Nice condition too...remember the oval Shimano cranks?!? :shock: Is that the deure dx mecks, crank and thumb shifters??

I like that - I've got. 94 lava dome in the garage, my first 'proper' mountain bike. Best bike I've ever owned, commuted, toured, raced, cyclo crossed, it did everything. It's a single speed now, and still makes me smile when I ride it. Bloody direct and hard work, but when the only concession to suspension was. 2.1 front tyre, you have to ride properly :mrgreen:

I think the kilauea is a better spec than the lava dome - in which cas I guess the thumb shifters are xt and, i gather, pretty sought after these days ...

myvanway 69 said:
Highspec this one! 8)

Yep, Shimano 'Biopace' - I have an equally old Marin Bolinas Ridge that has these front cogs :)

And yep, it's all DX kit. All original - and still just as bombproof :D

Someone else has mentioned the Boardman, so think I'll take a look at them.

How much do you want for the Kona mate? Looks nice.

fleeb1 said:
Someone else has mentioned the Boardman, so think I'll take a look at them.

How much do you want for the Kona mate? Looks nice.

Would like £250 ono - or swap for some vgc early bumper trim :)

I might let this go for £500 , I just don`t use it . It was over 3 grand when new . It could do with a bike shop service ( the brakes need bleeding I think , the gears need setting up etc . ) . It`s rideable but I would say it`s a project just so there`s no high expectations.

NorcoTeam001.jpg

Thanks for the offers. Just watching a boardman on eBay, so I'll see how that goes first.

chainreaction have some cracking deals on at the mo and ive got a 10% code via email if you want it

Latest posts